"you know we never covet anything in this family, ethan. the goddess prevails in all of us. whoever it is, we know its her will and this family will be in good hands." muren, one of the elders, said combing through kuea's hair. "dear, i may be the only human in this family but im the most resilient one." muren whispered to rin and they giggled together.

"be that as it may, i will give lian a schedule. ill be in the hq with you to train you, baby love. im kind but training wise, i hope youll be understanding." ethan said.

"dear, hes maybe stern but he listens. dont be afraid of him, okay?"

"uncle rin?"

"hmm?"

"thank you."

"no problem, dear. we mates have each others back." chawarin hugged the sweet boy before him. though rins still unsure about the future but all they could do was support this boy and be with him all throughout everything.

-------->>>>>

after the mates left for dinner, kuea let them off first and returned all the books that he took from their massive library.

he was on his last two books when he heard two knocks from his left and there he saw someone with an uncanny resemblance to ethan minus the glowing eyes. this one exudes motherly love and a warm smile.

 this one exudes motherly love and a warm smile

"hi." the man said.

"hello, sir."

"sir? please... call me grannie if you must. theyve been calling me that ever since i can remember." said the man approaching him. try as he might, he couldnt make himself afraid of his presence. the fact is, he wanted to hug him and stay there in his embrace.

sure enough, the man opened his arms and there ran, kuea to him.

"im sorry." kuea said unknowingly.

"its okay. i know you need it." he said patting his said as if consoling him.

"scared."

"of what darling? youre in my castle. youre under my protection. whats there to be afraid of?"

"me?"

"yourself? youll be fine, dear. you heard what ethan said earlier, right? hell train you. i dont feel any eminent danger in the near future and most of the deadly ones are already dealt with, i can only assure you of a peaceful future. well, kids are another matter, though." he said as he ushered themselves to a couch.

"but... powers..."

"yes, you are what i should call as... um... a manipulator? now that sound harsh... or maybe a writer? yeah... thats kinder."

"huh?"

"you can control everything, love. your extraordinary skills in your parallel life before manifested as one of the rarest power in the living world."

"wha-"

"basically you have a taste of the powers of the gods, dear. thats why i told ethan to be wary. and that stupid son of mine just sighed in relief."

"am i... am i a threat?"

"never. i will never let you go down that path. that we can assure you. us mates are the ones in control of this family you know. yes, the alphas are strong but theyll crumble when it comes to us, dear. whatever specie they may be, it will always be the case in this family."

"god? me?"

"now think back in your dreams

"now think back in your dreams. what are you doing that you were so passionate about?"

"games?"

"uh-hum... i think you had manipulated those games towards your own will very much that people called you to have the hand of a god."

"h-how?"

"i see everything, dear. oh, damn... mews calling out on me. its nearing his cycle and im gonna be under for the rest of the week maybe." with that the man stood up. "dont forget to call on me, whenever, love. ill always be there for you."

"take care."

"i will. but i dont think my ass will be be fine after this... geez, that old man." the man walked away while kuea was still baffled by what had happened. did he just laid his fear in front of the man he hardly knew?

"k?"

kuea turned around to the most familiar voice that he knew. "yan!!!"

"wow, youve never been this happy to see me, dear. what happened?"

"um... nothing... just happy."

"thats a relief. i guess the mates already put their magic on you."

"huh?"

"love, dear. they already love you." lian encircled his arms around his singer. "and im very much do as well."

"yan... love... me?"

"so much, dear. you cant even fathom how much."

kuea cupped lians face before they could reach the librarys door to proceed to dining room where the others are.

seconds passed like the light that flickered around them in a blink of an eye.

minutes passed like the shadows that slither through the crevices.

the lips that was in lian very own tasted so sweet he thought he was dreaming.