II

IN ANOTHER WORLD

KUEA POV

"i heard you got in the finals again, k. no surprise there. i dont even know how you manipulate those heroes to go along with your complex commands. i swear, if im not your cousin, im really going to get scared of you." kana said grabbing all my customized gears for our flight to the capital central. ill be defending my title as the worlds e-sports champion for the 5th time. i heard my opponent this time got a grudge on me for smacking his rude spawns without mercy. well, who needs mercy when those critters did nothing but annoy me.

"got everything?" i picked up my personal backpack and sling it to my right shoulder, my cap and a face mask.

"yup. everythings packed and ready to go."

"you go first. ill be going with kook."

"again?"

"come on

"come on. you know how this works." i pushed him and my luggage along with other two technicians who will be going along with us to the competition.

"i know. i know. but swear to me that youll be safe with kook going to the airport this time. last time, you both barely made in on boarding time."

"thats because were followed by hoards of toxic fans who doesnt know shit about the word privacy and security. we have to take the long way around just to lose them. i though i told you already."

"i know kooks a fine guard given to you by your family but still. you cant make me feel fine whenever youre out of my sight."

"yes, momma hen

"yes, momma hen. now off you go. careful with my stuff. youll pay bigtime if you lose one."

"never. bye." kana turned around, smiled and waved goodbye to me. i dont really get to be sentimental like this but ever since this morning, i feel uncomfortable. i cant help to make remarks as if its the end of my life. my team just looked at me as if im sick or maybe im just a bundle of nerves since the tournament is still ongoing that time.

as expected, when kana opened the door. beyond our meager fence of hedges, a throng of fans pushed themselves to catch a glimpse of me. ever since i made that idiotic move on my first international e-sport game finals, people swarm to me wherever. i called it an idiotic move but people say it was epic and ingenious. nevertheless, after that game, i gained sponsorships, upgraded my gears, shoot commercials and magazines, made money and gained fame. its been five years after that time and im still in love with the game and the thrill it gives.