XIII

later in the afternoon, chawarin approached kuea while they were in the library. their stay was extended due to kuea's situation. ayberk's in his main office so chawarin, his mate, is very much okay to be here as well. the rest of the family, without further commitment outside, remained. liam, a golden haired elf, his elf daughter and his mate, kealoha remained as well. all the rest of the elders remained, too. theyre too curious to leave and ignored their secretaries for who knows how long. the empire can run without them for a while. family's more important. thats what their ancestor gulf and mew instilled to them. no matter how wealthy the family gets, they should never put it before the family. family gets the top priority, not power or riches.

"hi, dear. mind if i seat here?" chawarin, or rin, asked as he sat next to kuea who's been combing through what seemed to be a book for kids. 

kueas a bit startled with the attention, nodded in agreement. lian is with the alphas of the family discussing something and the mates are on their own. kuea thought it was just him but when he turned around, he saw all the mates surrounded him.

panic started to set in, when suddenly liam said, "its okay, baby." and into the crowd, "his powers leaking."

"power?" said his daughter.

"yes."

"were just here to talk about something, love. dont be scared." said ethan on the other side of the table.

seeing no hostility coming from anyone, kuea let down his hand he unconsciously lifted.

"its about your nightmares, dear. i think its not your typical ones which stemmed from stress or anxiety. i think as what grannie gulf said, it might be remnants of memories from your previous life or maybe even from your parallel life."

kuea was so lost from rins choice of words. theyre too difficult for him to follow that the only reply he could make was, "what?"

"supernatural occurrences in this family was never new, dear. each one of us is part of something and your case is just another puzzle that we need to overcome together. theres no need to be afraid of it." chawarin said rubbing kueas trembling hand. he might not understood some of it but the care that emanates from each of them made him at ease. fear, yes, but repulsion, not even a slither of it.

"but... in the nightmare... kuea..." pointed at his chest, "arrow. dead?"

"might be. it might be the end of that life, love. but remember, youre here. you are alive. you are with us. safe. and in the future you will be, too." said liam softly, his hair fell sideways and this made kuea so distracted, a smile formed on his face.

"and your powers." ethan said.

"powers? mine? i have?"

"powerful ones, too. you can easily put me down for sure. mom said through rin, that i should be wary of you but you know what i said?"

kuea shook his head straightening his back. this elder really make him so aware, he wont deny hes putting his guard up everytime hes near.

"i said, i finally can retire and live my life with my mates in peace. i have found my successor. sorry mates, kueas the one." ethan looked around him with a teasing smile.

" ethan looked around him with a teasing smile