98

The midnight market incident ended peacefully enough, with Chae Raha revealing that he had asked the shopkeepers for permission.

“They’re the ones who set up the shop on my private land.”

“I moved them over with a promise to pay them well, so there’s nothing for you to worry about, boy.”

“That’s a relief, but…”

I stared at the field with disapproving eyes.

Signboards with unrecognizable letters were swaying in the wind. The smell of exotic spices spreading along.

The smell of exotic spices wafting along with me. The smiling faces didn’t look forced in any way.

However, I realized once again through this incident.

In this world, an older brother who was crazy about his younger brother was like a disaster. He is unpredictable and cannot predict his actions recklessly.

After much consideration, I carefully suggested to Chae Raha.

“I want to tell you one thing.”

“Just say anything.”

“I wanted to spend time alone with hyung, without anyone else’s interference, with only you.”

I could see the corners of Chae Raha’s mouth slacken, a storm raging in his deep blue-grey eyes.

“With me, alone?”

“Yes.”

I nodded like a wedge. As if that weren’t enough, I grabbed both of his hands, and gasped in surprise.

‘Why is it so cold?’

It’s like touching a dead body’s hand.

My eyes were distorted on his pale hand because he had no complexion. Up close, it wasn’t just his hands.

The smell of blood came from deep within.

I rushed to hold on to Chae Raha’s shoulder.

“Are you hurt?”

“Ah.”

As if it had been waiting for this moment, a trickle of blood ran down Che Raha’s chin. Chae Raha wiped the nosebleed away with a dazed expression.

My eyes turned cold.

“It’s nothing, it’s just because I’m tired.”

“Is this from exerting yourself?”

“…….”

Chae Raha smiled quietly without answering. Min Mokha breathed a long sigh as if he had already been caught.

“I didn’t tell you because I was afraid you’d be worried.”

According to Min Mokha, Chae Raha’s ability was the power to manipulate space.

I had guessed that inwardly. I’d seen him wrap himself around me and open the rift.

‘But if his body can’t withstand the power… he’s an S-class after all.’

Chae Raha had even awakened before he was ten years old. His immature body was crushed by the enormous force and had to groan for a long time.

‘I guess that’s what he meant by not being there for me during my childhood.’

I ran a hand through my hair.

But he hides it all to please me.

He was so cold that if I wanted to kick him between his legs, it’d be easy. If Chae Raha hadn’t spilled blood, I would have done so.