43

“He doesn’t have a concussion, does he?”

“Nope. No bruises, everything’s fine.”

“Oh, he seems to be regaining consciousness.”

“Shhh, everybody shut up. Let’s all get out of here, except for one. If you stay here, you’re going to get in trouble with Chief Ki again.”

Over the chatter of the medical staff, Han Cha-soo had a hunch.

‘You’ve been caught.’

Well, at least there was no mention of blood, which was exactly what he expected.

“I suppose I should be thankful.’

Swallowing a sigh, he opened his eyes. As the medics whispered, only one person stood beside him.

“Hunter Han Cha-soo, do you remember how you got knocked down?”

Of course he remembers. But he can’t tell the truth.

He can’t tell him that he poisoned his stomach in order to make him drop a valuable item.

The events leading up to his passing out flashed through Han Cha-soo’s exhausted mind like a flashlight.

It happened in the middle of a check-up.

Two hours, fifteen examination rooms, and barely enough time to eat.

[Exilis’s Guild Master, Hunter Geum Myeong-yeol, arrived in the country an hour ago. According to officials, Hunter Geum Myeong-yeol lives in the United Kingdom….]

Han Cha-soo would have to wait and see.

‘Holy shit.’

The future owner of the earring had once again set foot on Korean soil.

Predictably, the Awakening Management Bureau began to stir.

“I heard that Exilis stopped you from coming to the administration right away, does anyone know anything?”

“Geum Myeong-yeol wanted to come here as soon as he returned home?”

“Yeah, that’s what the Exilis kids said.”

“Isn’t that why you’ve got them in the brig for fighting at the Item Trade Association?”

“That’s right. They were still there, weren’t they?”

Listening carefully to the passersby in the corridor, Han Cha-soo instinctively realized.

He was the reason Geum Myeong-yeol had come to the Bureau. There was no doubt about it.

‘He heard I was about to die and decided to take his chance.’

When the owner dies, the item is dropped in its place, meaning that whoever picks up the dropped item is the new owner. Perhaps that’s what Geum Myeong-yeol was worried about.