85

Ki Tae-yeon’s scales have special abilities.

In the original work, it was only after the director’s death that they came into conflict with Jung Yi-heon.

He handed it out himself to protect the nearly wiped-out Crisis Management Office staff.

He said something like.

“Just by possessing it, your stamina and agility will increase.”

Wham——!

Shards of stone flying. Rising dust. Jumping to avoid the slithering flesh, I opened my palm.

Scales glistened like seashells.

“If I bite it….”

Did he say it’d improve my defense. I smiled and bit the scales.

Whoosh!

It felt like hot energy was rising from the floor.

Feeling the heat surrounding my body warmly, I pushed the scales inside my cheeks.

‘It’s not as disgusting as I thought.’

It felt like biting into a piece of hard stone.

I was a little worried because in the original work, everyone who received the scales gagged. It’s a relief.

Boom.

Kwaaaaang!

“!”

I quickly pulled myself out of a piece of rock falling over my head.

Tuk, tuk.

I only kicked the floor twice, but the distance quickly became distant. The effect of the scales was certain.

“It’s worth fighting for….”

My eyes blurred. But soon a troublesome shackle came to my mind.

The penalty for being undercover.

“Tsk.”

I clicked my tongue in disappointment.

‘That’s right, Ki Tae-yeon only told me to hold on, not get rid of them.’

In addition, the effect of the scales was not permanent.

Strength and speed. And while dramatically increasing my defense, it was short-lived.

Still, it was something.

I watched the statue, hiding myself in the thick dust. Thanks to the statue breaking the wall recklessly, the space has widened, making it easier to hide.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Is it because it got a blow from Ki Tae-yeon. Unlike before, when it seemed full of madness, the image seemed desperate.

If I get caught by mistake, I’m going to get my bones chewed.

‘Well… he’d better save himself, too.’

He told me to hold on, so I’m sure he must be confident of coming this way. I decided to trust Ki Tae-yeon for now.

Well, he’s a pretty diligent official, isn’t he? Besides, he’s an incarnation of the East Sea Dragon King, so I’m sure he’ll keep his word.

Rolling hard scales in my mouth, I lowered my posture.

Thump, thump. Kung–!

The statue flailed its arms wildly, gradually closing the distance between them, leaving a trail of thick black water at its feet.