74

“Ouch.”

Ki Tae-yeon, who heard Han Cha-soo, let out a low groan. He looked surprised.

“What is it?”

I raised an eyebrow at his unexpected reaction. Ki Tae-yeon shook his head as if he was sorry.

“What am I going to do about this. You’re only half, Han Cha-soo.”

“What do you mean?”

“Well, you have to get to the boss room before it’s recognized as a failure.”

“…What?”

“Until then, you can’t die even if you want to, the system has made it so.”

Ki Tae-yeon said with a face that he was going to die of annoyance. I was dumbfounded.

I can’t die until I enter the boss room. What kind of stupid restriction was that?

Swallowing a sigh, I looked at Ki Tae-yeon, wondering if he’s lying.

But there was no sign of that. Rather, his tone of superiority seemed to have disappeared.

“I don’t know if it’s because we’re a large, well-off guild, but that’s the way it is when it comes to eating taxpayer money. We don’t like to waste it on nonsense.”

The implementation of monsters and the creation of dungeons were different in terms of cost. It is natural that we want to maximize efficiency compared to the resources we put resources.

“The first time we made a test dungeon, the development office got wiped out as soon as they went in, so we didn’t get any data. Because of that, the director of the headquarters has changed so that they can leave the dungeon after at least entering the boss room.”

“…So that’s what happened.”

Of course, someone who hates to work like Ki Tae-yeon wouldn’t choose the hard way over the easy and quick way home.

I recall the day I first met Ki Tae-yeon.

“If you tell me now that the hunter is a bad guy, I’ll take care of it on my own.”

He’d said he’d be done with him quickly if he confessed to kidnapping a bunch of people, and for a man who didn’t like to work, his words must be true.

‘It’s a shame.’

I was going to give him a hand to get off work early.

I sighed, as I strapped the dagger I’d retrieved from the inventory window to my waist.

Now that this happened, there was no choice but to assist Ki Tae-yeon and go to the boss room.

“I can’t help it, I’ll do you a favor.”

“The favor should come from me. I’ll protect you with all my might, so let’s go out and ask for a favor.”

“I see. Then we shall go now.”

“It’s nice to be cheerful.”

Ki-Tae-Yeon laughed mischievously as he rubbed his swollen wrist.

A dim light passed by his eyes looking at Han Cha-soo for an instant.

‘It went well considering I was worried.’

It was true that no matter how much you die before you reach the boss room, you will not fail the dungeon.

After ten deaths, it’s a different story.