Neliono's fork suddenly hits his teller and Neliana chokes on her apple juice. School. Ah yes, a special topic for them - but sure as hell not their favorit. Almost simultaneously, they clear their throats in hope to not look that suspicious. What can I say? It's not working that well since now the whole attention lingers on them. Neliana tries to get any words out of her mouth. Any explanation. But fast must realize that it's useless to try since the only noises, which really come out, are giggles.

Alessandro raises an eyebrow. "Firstly, I am very impressed. Straight As. 100% on every test in each subject. But you know what I find even more interesting? How you both-" He points at the both kids, sitting on their chairs and trying hard to hold their composure. "-reached last year such a score with nearly 5000 hours school absences?!"

"Five thousand?!" Niccolo shouts in disbelief. "Damn, that's definitely new record. I knew my lil siblings would be cool."

He sends them a proud glance but they both are in what seems like a heated argument. "Jeg trodde du sa at du hadde slettet dem fra filene våre?!" (I thought you said, you've deleted them out of our files?!)

"Jesus, jeg glemte det ok? Skolen var ikke det eneste, jeg måtte ta meg av, dude." (Jesus, I forgot it okay? School wasn't the only thing, I had to take care of, dude.) Neliana replies defensively. Before it could get out of hand again, Stefano - their father - jumps in. "Nothing you should be proud of, Nicco."

"Oh c'mon. They have a fucking-"
"Language." Ernesto interrupts.
"-score of 100% with 5000 school absences! "

"That's pretty extraordinary, man!" Emilio adds as excited as Niccolo.

"Maybe we should try it too, dude."

"Oh don't even think about it!" Eduardo suddenly speaks up, knowing very well that they wouldn't hesitate a second to do so. "Nobody is skipping school in this household, understand? This counts for you, Niccolo and Emilio, but also for you, Neliono and Neliana. So mind telling me why you were so often absent last year? And why there aren't files till grade 6?"

It's like this triggers something by the twins. All of sudden, every happy emotion disappears from their faces and is replaced with hurt before they fastly cover it up with their usual coldness. Speaking about the last four years is one thing. Speaking about the seven years before, another. Way more complex and challenging.
Their sudden change of behavior, of course, didn't go unnoticed by the present persons. But they know better than to press.

"W-We had other things to do." Like dealing with our brothers dead and an unprepared pregnancy. Neliono thinks to himself. " A-And since we've already known everything, decided to just come in when a test is written."

Ernesto as well as everybody else nod. "But that doesn't explain the missing files."

Such a short statement with such a big meaning for the Nes. It's a reminder of their past. That nothing was ever normal for them and probably never will be. There'll always be something, reminding them that they lost everything. It's like Sir still has a hold over them. Even if he's under the ground - and that already for three years.

They exchange a glance which holds so many unseen emotions. Help. Neliana averts her gaze towards her lap fast again while Neliono takes over the speaking but his gaze is also not on any of the people at the table. "I- We-" He has to clear his throat, scared of what would came out otherwise. "We were in Russia before. I-If you really want to see them, we can pick them out." No, we couldn't. Is what they really wanted it say.