𝐶𝐻𝐴𝑃𝑇𝐸𝑅 𝑉𝐼𝐼

Start from the beginning

Lorelei didn't treat her like a teacher outside of the classroom and rarely followed Bree's classes since she wasn't allowed. Bree felt like she could let loose around Lorelei and stop having to be an authority figure. She was young herself, she didn't want to be in charge of others all the time. She could happily watch a movie with Lorelei by her side and know there wasn't any judgment or mockery or weirdness.

Lorelei was munching away on the popcorn as she took in the movie. She was so confused about the characters and how they were describing love. She just didn't quite understand it. There would be butterflies in their stomachs and they'd have weak knees and racing hearts. They'd smile constantly, from the smallest and sweetest of smiles to full on uncontrollable grins.

'Being in love sounds so great,' Lorelei mumbled. 'Look how happy they both are.'

Bree chuckled as she pulled the blankets higher up towards her shoulders. 'You're saying that now, but wait until you get so giddy, you end up on a bunch of lockers,' she said, which prompted Lorelei's face to scrunch up confused and for her to abandon the movie to glance at Bree for an explanation. 'It's a long story,' she grinned a little embarrassed. 'Have you ever been in love?'

'If that—' Lorelei began and pointed at the screen filled with hopeless romantics. 'is being in love, then no.'

'I don't think what they feel is love yet. That's how I felt about my high school boyfriends, but I wouldn't say I was in love. I thought I was, but I wasn't,' Bree told Lorelei. She hoisted up her legs onto the couch and wrapped her arms around them to warm them up. 'I know what love feels like. Perhaps not romantic love, but I love my brothers. As much as I can't stand them at times, I'd take a bullet for them. There's no one out there who's as important to me as are my brothers. It wouldn't even be a competition, they always come first, because, well. . .' she said and let out a long sigh. 'I love them.'

Lorelei nodded absentmindedly as she listened to Bree ramble on. If that was what love was, then Lorelei did know love. She would've taken a bullet for her father and he would always come first to her. She faltered slightly when she caught herself wondering whether or not he would've done the same for her. 'Do your brothers feel the same way about you?' she asked.

'Definitely, without question. Their actions when I need their help have spoken volumes to me,' Bree answered.

Lorelei turned back towards the tv to let Bree's words sink in when flashing lights on the screen caught her attention. 'Where are they?' she asked again.

Bree sat up straight at once and placed the popcorn on the small coffee table in front of them. 'You've never been to an arcade?' she countered her question and glanced at the clock. 'You know what, you deserve a fun night off away from the academy. There's a great arcade on the mainland not far from here and we're going there tonight. . .'

─────⊰ ✧.*✦*.✧ ⊱─────

   𝐁𝐑𝐄𝐄'𝐃 𝐇𝐀𝐃 𝐐𝐔𝐈𝐓𝐄 𝐓𝐇𝐄 brilliant plan for escaping the academy with a bunch of students along with the mentors and Leo, who'd all agreed they deserved a night out in the town. As great as her plan was, her execution of said plan went rather sour as she only managed to bring along four students; Bob, Spin, Sebastian and Lorelei.

Within seconds, they'd zoomed from the island towards the mainland in the hyperloop. Since three of them could geo-leap from one place to the other, it was declared the easiest way of transportation. Adam and Chase held onto Bob, whereas Leo held onto Spin, and lastly Bree and Lorelei held onto Sebastian before they vanished into thin air and reappeared in front of a building with flashing lights that radiated the words MISSION CREEK ARCADE.