Cause I love y'all

Everyone who wanted a continuation

better comment the hell out 

of this chapter <3

Darkness engulfed me

Darkness engulfed me. It didn't help that I had no memories of what had brought me here. Though the bed was comfortable enough, all I could see from beyond the window was an expanse of massive city line, stars dotting the night sky provided no comfort to me, just taunted me with their freedom to be out and about while I laid confined to a bed. I tried moving my legs which felt heavy but thankfully, hadn't been tied.

Having read enough stories about how the protagonist would land themselves in hot water, I knew that the best course I had was to wait for the person who had kidnapped me to approach, make a mental note of how many people were involved and hatch out an escape plan. 

They surely couldn't have kidnapped me for the money, I didn't have a lot of it. Things had been tough ever since my father had passed away. Of course, different versions of the story had been circulated. Some knew that he had passed away in a car accident while some speculated that he had bled out on the road. The truth was far more twisted and dark. He had disappeared on a lonely stretch of road at night and a fortnight later, his mangled body, with hollow sunken eyes which looked like they had been through hell and back had appeared. Nevermore, in a true fashion had hushed the matter. It had been suspected that this might have been the doing of a creature which hadn't darkened the halls of Nevermore and if the news spread, it would spell the end of the institution. 

I knew that I had to side with Nevermore, otherwise, all of it would have been in vain. My mother's death, Dad's efforts to bridge the gap between the communities. Nevermore had provided full scholarship to the twins so that was something that had been taken care of. But it did not matter, nothing did anymore.

The town that had once seemed so inviting had started to suffocate me. It didn't matter that I had been born there in the single hospital which had catered to all for years, the lake near which my mother and father had picnics with me seemed like a cruel memory. The town just stood as a reminder of something that had taken so much from me.

The only person I had kept in touch with was Sophie. Only she knew of my whereabouts. I entrusted her with the care of Lucas and Emma who had grown to be the star pupils of Nevermore. On days when I was crying silently hoping they wouldn't figure out something was wrong, they had come to sit with me and we had spent hours wordlessly in the den. I was extremely thankful for them. On my first birthday after Dad's death, they had taken me out to the arcade and Luke had even baked me Hazelnut cheesecake brownies. When I had informed the twins that I would be going to Le Cordon Bleu, choosing the one in Ottawa, Canada so that I was far yet near, they had been delighted. For the first week, I had called them anxiously everyday. On the seventh day, Rose, part serious, part jokingly, yelled "Rose, have you not made any friends yet? Why do you keep calling us at the time when you should clearly be out?"