XXIV. But when had Wednesday Addams ever listened to me?

❧

I stared at the note with the most perplexed expression on my face.

You got me into this mess. You will now help me buy a stupid dress for the event.

I stared at Thing, who was now resting on my desk after a job well done. I wrote the date and time of meeting to help Wednesday. This was going to be fun.

I put all my essentials in a tote bag, grabbed a chocolate and made my way to Uraihs heap. I saw Wednesday going to talk to the sheriff and walked towards them.

"Wednesday, if you have your suspicions, you should come to me with evidence."

"Did you seriously just walk up to the sheriff and tried to convince him to arrest a Nevermore student? Are you trying to get the whole school in trouble? From what I have heard from my father, he hates Nevermore."

Wednesday just gave me a strange look and since this was her usual way of responding, I didn't give much thought to it.

"So, let's go dress shopping", I said with the excitement of a 7 year old on a sugar high. In all honesty, I didn't get to shop around much. I spent more time taking out Lucas and Emma for shopping than I did for myself. I saw it as a much needed respite and was going to make Wednesday shop until she dropped.

Unfortunately, my plans were thwarted as Wednesday, no matter to just piss me off and get me off her back, chose the first dress that we laid eyes on.

Nevertheless, it went perfectly with her aesthetic.

"Listen, there's something. I think I know where the monster lives, it's lair. I have asked Eugene to come along. Would you like to join us?"

"I would love to."

I would finally get to put my skills to a use and possibly uncover the identity of this monster once and for all.

Later that evening

"Hi Eugene", I addressed the cute child - like face guy. He was head of the Beekeeping club, which at present, consisted of only two members.

We made our way deep into the forest, with Wednesday and Thing at the front. We reached a little cave and began our search. Eugene spotted some manacles and took pictures while I stumbled upon a claw, handing it over to Wednesday.

"I will get this to the Sheriff. The monster can't escape now."

As we were heading back, giddy with excitement at the prospect of catching the monster, Wednesday whispered, "I am going to Xavier's art shed. I am going to need his DNA."

"This is a bad idea Wednesday. We almost got caught the last time, maybe we should do it some other time when we know he isn't going to randomly drop in."

But when had Wednesday Addams ever listened to me?