XLIV. Master and the Hyde

My heart was beating fast with anticipation, it was all going to end, pleasantly.

Wednesday and I stood outside Weems' office, mentally preparing ourselves. But nothing could have prepared us for Kinbott, the master of the Hyde, being in the room with Weems.

Weems did not look happy when she saw us, her smile dropping mid conversation when she saw me.

"Wednesday, we were just talking about you. Rose!"

People saying my name like it was a disease was a new thing that was catching on. My mind drifted to Xavier and the way he called me Hill. Wake up Rose, he's a monster.

"Rose, Wednesday, hello!", Kinbott had been preparing tea and greeted us with the most radiant smile, like she hadn't been plotting murders left and right for the past few weeks.

"We were discussing your assessment Wednesday, I need to sign off on it."

Wednesday apparently decided that she had enough of this small talk business and addressed Kinbott, "I have been doing some reading about hypnotherapy, seems like a good idea to unlock and access one's true inner self. Are you a devotee?"

"Yes, Wednesday."

"Rose, Wednesday, any urgent matters to discuss?"

"Umm, it can wait." I said hurriedly as Wednesday and I walked out of her office.

"Of course, all this makes perfect sense, it's got to be Xavier and Kinbott - a very likely Hyde and master combination. Xavier with his issues and Kinbott having the perfect access to him through therapy. She must have used hypnotherapy on him and unlocked the Hyde. And since then, as we saw when we followed them, they have been having secret sessions. " I was on a ramble - roll and grateful that Wednesday didn't interrupt me.

Wednesday looked at me with a like the cat got the cream look.