'who is her child's father anyway?'

'look how evil is Rana Sa's fate, had such a beautiful and successful Rani sa, who gave him a handsome heir but her? Out of all the people he accepted was her?'

"Adhira, calm down.....those bitches don't know you or your life, just let it go" jeevika rubbed her back affectionately as tears started streaming down her face.

"I didn't ask for him to marry me. Atlast I am just a commoner and he is the Rana Sa. There was never any match"

"I know, see whatever you may think about this situation, i have seen that you adore Ayaan and even he was happy with you and Aradhya. I know comments like this hurt but being in the highest ranking position has its cons as well. You are beautiful Adhira and even if I don't know anything about Aradhya's biology father, i know that you cannot do something that will be bad for you"

Adhira looked confused as Jeevika continue to console her. Except Priya, no one has ever understood her in this way and she has only met her a day ago.

"And as for you coming in between Akanksh and his ex wife Maya, don't stress about it because anyone who would look at them would know that they never loved each other"

"Never loved? Then why did they get married? Marriage is not a joke"Adhira inquired.

"Well we don't know what went wrong between them, do we? But I have a feeling you will be the first one to know" Jeevika smirked and that puzzled Adhira but all she could say that time was "Thank you, it means a lot" she smiled.

"Always. Cherish the family you have Adhira as regret is the worst kind of emotion"

✿ ✿⁠ ✿⁠

Adhira went back to her home shortly after the conversation and as it was already two in the afternoon, everyone were already in their respective room to rest.

"Chungu mungu!" Adhira squealed as she saw her kids on the floor along with Akanksh making some craft items.

"Mumma!!" They ran happily towards her and gave her a big hug. They all laughed while Akanksh was starstruck at the site he was witnessing.

It was always his dream to have a happy family. A family of his own where he has kids and a caring wife who loves him just the way he is. He always imagined of going on trips as a family or spending quality time with his wife.

But all his dreams were shattered from the moment he married her.

"Here I brought you some choclates" the kids said thank you and went back downstairs to go to their grandparents.

"Aap rest nahi kar rahe the?" Adhira looked towards Akanksh who was picking up all the craft items and keeping them in a box.

"I couldn't leave the kids alone with sharp scissors and blade so I was just sitting here along with them" that made her happy that he respected her request and decided to skip his office work today.

"How is your fever now?" She walked towards him and with the back of her palm checked his temperature.

Akanksh like a little kid closed his eyes, rejoicing in the moment of peace and serenity.

The peace that is somehow always near her.

"Thank you for taking care of me last night" Akanksh opened his eyes and looked at his wife, who was looking at him with an expression that wasn't known to him from anyone other than family.

Her eyes were beautiful, just like a deer. Beautiful and majestic. The blush that was forming on her cheeks were so cute.

"Your welcome but don't eat cheese from next time. Abhi se bata do agar aur allergy hai toh, at least I'll be prepared" that made Akanksh smile and laugh a little.

Though this was not at all just a laugh for Adhira. It was the first time in these months that she has seen him laugh.

And what shocked her more was how Akanksh just leaned in and kissed her forehead out of affection.

Both of them stilled. it was as if the world stopped around them.

'Did I just.....did I just do that?' Akanksh worried and went outside without saying any words back.

This made Adhira confused and sad at the same time.

'Why are you like this Akanksh. There is so much we both don't know about each other and...and I fear the day it all spills out of our hearts....we might just heal or get broken again'.

                           ✿⁠  ✿⁠  ✿⁠ 

So hi all!

Well I know I am late! Like super duper late.
But I had my exams and along with the Wattpad wasn't letting me upload the chapter 🥲

This made me mad and I started focusing on my exams.....aur phir delay hogaya 💀

Sorry guys! But next update late nhi hoga (hopefully)

~Ana🌝✨