Quiet Sobs | Chapter 8

Start from the beginning

I swallowed thickly, and went into the fray trying to go after the russian who was already far into the crowd.

...

Kazakhstan Pov:

As I tried to question the thug that tried to attack me, almosting forgot about the slave.

But out of the corner of my vision I spot a figure dodging and weaving through the fray

I turn my attention back to the  and try to locate the movement then I spot it-

It was lord Russia.

I was tempted to call out to him but I didn't want to bring any unwanted attention to me, the slave or him. And he may not even hear me- but just as that thought came up he appears again in the fray and he is looking around and his golden eyes land on me and we make eye contact.

But it was cut short as I was punched in the jaw making me stumble back letting go of the thugs shirt.

'Dam he caught me off guard..' I rub where I was hit in the jaw wincing a little, 'that's gonna leave bruise-'

I remove my hand from my jaw and glare at the other with an annoyed expression. I moved out the way just in time as he tried to throw another punch to my face.

When he misses he stumbles a bit off balance giving me a good opening. I take it and side swipe his legs making him easily fall to the floor. I nail him in the head with a kick to the head, making him cry out in pain but stay down on the ground. Now with him out the way I look back into the fray but I don't spot the russian.

I then remember the slave and look back at where I left him. He was still there huddled fearfully, his ears bent back and his small wings surrounding himself protectively, his long hair messily going down his back and shoulders, it looked badly knotted.

'Poor thing-...'

Then out of the corner of my vision again I see a tall figure coming towards me, I guessed it was lord Russia and when I was able to pinpoint them I was correct. The russian skillfully moved through the crowd. I brushed off my uniform a bit as I waited for them to come near.

When they come closer I notice them looking around looking for something and it clicks in my head.

"If you're wondering where the supernatural is, there over there-" I say the last part pointing to where the slave sat.

"Pretty shaken up from all this ruckus. Hopefully it will clear up soon." I mutter looking behind the marquess and at the still going fighting but it did seem it was clearing up a bit.

I bring my gaze back to Russia and I look around them for any sign of North Korea but see none. He usually wouldn't let Russia out of his sight for a second unless ordered to-

"Where's NK?" I ask, raising an eyebrow using the nickname I gave him. He hated it.

My adrenaline was still up though and my more so happy cheery friendly energy was almost gone and I had a more serious face on looking/seeming almost completely different from before but at the same time was the same. (I don't know how to explain-)

Russia was staring at the small slave who was huddled in a corner with an unreadable expression but looked up for a moment almost looking confused then remembering he looks around and doesn't see North Korea anywhere-

"Don't tell me you rushed into the fray and left North Korea alone and he's probably right now as we speak exploding." Most if they saw the way I spoke to Russia would smack me in the back of the head or scold me but he never corrected me. North Korea though was one of the main ones that did- even since academy years. Aw good times.

I couldn't help but smile at the memories.

I was pulled back into reality, seeing the marquess's facial expression and it only tells me my suspicions were right.

I let out a sigh and cross my arms over my chest.

...

Russia's Pov:

Kazakhstan left me alone to go help clear up the other thugs. He looked like he'd been itching to go-

As I watch him run off I turn my gaze over to the smaller male who was still huddled in a corner shaking ever so slightly.

I walk towards them when I near I notice them glance up but then quickly back down.

I crouched in front of them, my heart ached a little seeing them in this state but I couldn't exactly pinpoint why.

I hesitatingly reach out to them then pause and pull my hand back.

I try to think on what to say to comfort them, I was never good at it but I had to try.

"It's ok- um- cheer Up. It's gonna be ok-" My voice was gentle as I spoke but I didn't sound too sure of myself.

I could hear him sniffle. And then to my surprise he spoke, his voice shaky and small.

"E- Everything is so loud- I hate it-"

He let out a whimper, he hugged himself tighter.

He weakly raised his head to look at me when he finished speaking, his elegant red eyes watering.

Before I can speak he says in a shaky voice, "This is all my fault-" his eyes water even more.

"People are getting hurt because of me."

He looks away, trembling slightly.

I reach out to him again but this time I don't hesitate. When my hand touches his arm he flinches from the contact.

He lets out a slight yelp in surprise as I pull him into a hug, his face leaning against my chest.

He was tense at first not knowing what to do but eventually after a bit he started to relax.

We just sat there in silence in a warm embrace as he started to quietly sob.

I don't know what came over me to hug the small other, It was as if my body moved on its own. But either way I felt he needed it.

He must have been holding it all in for so long-

"Пусть все это."

I rubbed his back comfortingly but stiffly as his body shook slightly in my arms, as he quietly sobbed, streaming down his face. Not noticing the pair of eyes watching us.

—-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Authors Note:

Here is another long awaited chapter!! Sorry it took so long T-T.

(I feel kinda bad for ??? though- he's been through so much etc).

Anyway I hope you liked it and have a good rest of your day/afternoon/night!!

Word Count: 1628