Chapter 50: Finally!

Começar do início

.

"Which girl?" Someone asked.

.

"Jane's first girlfriend. The one she left home to meet in the US." Hannah answered.

.

"Delia." Jimin said and everyone nodded.

.

"Wow, Jimin. You remembered her name," Aunt Roo said.

.

Jimin replied, "Hmm. It's my job as a director to remember every person's name on a script. Jane's diary was like a script to me."

.

Everyone nodded and Al continued, "Apparently they took the lead that we suggested about Delia being the suspect in Jane's case. They wouldn't have known about her because Jane didn't stay with her for long."

.

Then Jimin added, "And remember, her brother was a police officer. I'm sure if Delia was involved in Jane's murder, he would've diverted them from looking into her."

.

"Wow! You really are a great director," Mrs. Kim responded and we all nodded again.

.

"Ahem..." Al butted in, "As I was saying, Delia is in custody but her brother passed away a few years ago. He was gun-downed by some gang members. He was taxing them for protection but when one of their young members died on his watch, they decided to take their revenge on him."

.

Jimin interrupted again, "Oh no. That's so sad."

.

"Jimin... Can you let me finish? Please?" Al butted in. Jimin smiled and nodded. "So with him not being there to protect her, my friends were able to recover all the evidence that was taken from Jane's apartment on the day she died. There was no physical evidence of Delia being there at all."

.

We all watched him in quiet confusion as he smiled so he had to explain, "Absolutely no evidence means it was erased on purpose because they have camera footage from a CCTV camera of Delia going into Jane's apartment."

.

"Wow. So were they still together or something?" I asked but Al reminded us.

.

"Remember Jane said she felt like someone was watching and tailing her. It really was her ex-lover. Delia would go into Jane's apartment when she wasn't there. What she did inside, God alone knows, but the footage has a few images of Delia entering the building, staying for a few minutes and then leaving. I think she was familiarising herself with the apartment or taking personal items from Jane."

.

"Wow. So she admitted to being there but did she say anything about them getting into an altercation or something?" Aunt Roo asked and I knew it's because she wanted to put this situation at rest as soon as possible so they could go on living their lives and that Jane could finally rest in peace.

.

I wanted that as well. For Jimin's mother Lily, for Jane (1) and for Jimin's sister Jane (2). They all needed to be resting in peace right now. I couldn't help but make a silent prayer for things to work out and for Delia to finally say exactly what happened that night.

.

Al then took out his laptop and began to show us what was happening in the interrogating room down at the police station.