Chapter 33: Drama! Drama! Drama!

[Jimin]

.

.

It took a while for everything to settle down. Jungkook's recovery was going well. We were still in the hospital as they wanted to keep him under close watch in case he had any other problems. All our plans for this week were ruined but we got some glimmers of hope. Apparently the FBI were watching Travis for a while now. They had infiltrated his club with a few undercover agents and were going to bust him when Al called his friend and former SEAL who was also in the bureau. He alerted their boss about what was going on and immediately their team got into place.

.

When we thought we saw people gambling at the casino, some of them were actual agents who were disguised as rich people from the club. They even had two of their squad members as part of the security detail for Travis. Apparently old man Palmer found out about Travis' wrongdoing not just with his side business but what had happened with James. Travis' father had surrendered evidence showing that his son was the mastermind in a sex trafficking ring as well as organising the hit on James who had also discovered Travis' criminal activities. Unfortunately for the senior Palmer, Travis found out that his dad knew about his underhand ventures so he paid and threatened one of their servants to put poison into his tea. The servant eventually confessed.

.

On the night we were taken, the authorities were about to exhume old man Palmer's body for evidence of his poisoning when they got the call about our kidnapping. The FBI squad immediately got into action along with Al who flew in on one of Hannah's private jets. They came just in time to find Travis leaving the premises with his boy-toys in tow. The boys screamed out but Travis they said remained eerie quiet and grinned all the way to the station.

.

Al came to see us in the hospital when he got a chance, "Hey you two. Are you all okay?" We nodded but waited for him to tell us what had happened. "It seems as though Travis had quite a few people under his belt, literally and figurative. He used his sex-slave operation to blackmail a lot of people. Small people like your boss, Michael to big people like lawyers, police officers and judges. He was actually going to get away with it but then someone he had history with stepped up and actually gave us real proof of his unscrupulous activities." Al paused and smiled as he looked at us, "That person gave us hard core evidence of all Travis' sex and smuggling income. And he's someone you both know very well."

.

I was confused but then Jungkook announced, "Let me guess: Kim Taehyung?"

.

I gasped and my eyes and mouth opened wide in disbelief as Al nodded, "Yup. You hit the nail on the head, Jungkook. Tae apparently knew Travis way back. Their families know each other and they were friends from a young age. In their teenage years, Travis confessed to Tae that he was in love with him but Tae refused him saying he wasn't gay and if he was he wouldn't want someone like him. So Travis always had a grudge against him but still a longing for him too."

.

I was hearing and trying to believe Al's words but then I remembered what I thought when we had entered the casino, "I remembered thinking that the place reminded me of one of Tae's parties. I wonder if Tae learned from Travis about throwing these kind of soirees."

.

Al nodded, "It would seem so. Tae used to party with Travis as his parents forced them to hang-out together. Apparently Travis encouraged sex and drugs during the parties in the hope that Tae would give in to him. Tae never did until a few years ago."