The guards were wearing gray and black armor. Fitting for the setting, but indifferent. Instead of giving her some form of hope for the people in the city, they glanced over her and then at each other.

One of them inclined their head and gestured for her to walk in. Of course Eudora's spine tingled as their stare followed her all the way into the grand doors of the castle. She kept her composure and dared to pull up the v-neck of her dress finding that every fae she's come across eyes lingered there.

When the doors finally slammed shut behind her, Eudora figured that be the end of the tormenting stares but, as she walked down the dimly lit hall, she figured out why the guards were dressed in that specific colored uniform.

They blended into the walls. And the discreet lingering eyes, made Eudora prefer the obvious gazes. At least then she can adjust her stance to avoid them. Now she doesn't have anything to do except continue her confident stride.

And thankfully there was a light at the end of the hall that as she got closer lead her into a throne room. Finally she wasn't looking at dark and gloomy walls, bu a beautiful room meant for royalty. Something she was used to. Polished ebony lined every corner and Eudora followed it with awe. She felt like she could breathe easier and the air was just a little more clean.

As she looked around and down at the floor, her reflection shown right back at her. Using the advantage of the unexpected mirror, Eudora fixed her hair and dress just a little bit wanting to brush off the gross feeling she had from walking across the city.

She assumed it's a city for those punished or doomed from Velaris. Which makes Silas's statement a little more understandable. Having a city for the sick prevents those from contaminating Velaris. Of course those who's committed crimes shouldn't have the same freedom as everyone else.

Columns erected from the floor with the same unique beast designs, mimicking the gates leading to the castle. They supported the high ceiling. It surprised her as the castle didn't look that large from the outside.

But, when Eudora looked up, something caught her attention besides the High Lord who was sitting on the throne. On each of her, making a path to the dais were fae.

Not a lot, but more than she preferred. When she asked for meeting, Eudora thought that meant a private meeting.

Nonetheless, Eudora kept her front. Kept her goal in mind as she stepped forth and finally reached the base of the dais. Unlike the other High Lords, Rhysand has been the only one she's never met when she was young. She's never seen his face or even been told what he looks like.

So when she saw those violet eyes, Eudora was confused as to where she's seen them before. They were unique, but not the one pair she's seen. Nonetheless, everything else about the High Lord spoke true to the Night Court.

His tanned skin complimented the black hair and attire. The crown on top of his head reflected his status. He sat with his legs crossed and elbow leaning against one of the arms of the throne.

He looked down at her from his place not saying a word. He didn't even try to look welcoming.

But that didn't stop her from keeping her kind and respectful tone. Being in a place like this would dampen anyone's mood. Why he didn't request to meet in Velaris beats her. Like all the other High Lords, she figured they get on speaking terms and she'd finally be able to ask.