Chapter 5

Akaza crashed through the Ice statues that Douma uses for defense, trying to gain more space for long-range attacks. The two Upper Moons had been at it for well over two hours now.

"How much longer do you think Lord Akaza will last?" Kyojuro sat on the sidelines, a coat on his being as the area gain a layer of frost.

"Who cares?" Sanemi snaps at his fellow human as a servant tends to his wounds. Drool was leaving the demon's exposed fangs at the smell of marechi but Akaza wouldn't hesitate to murder any demon that tries to munch on his punching bags. Kyojuro likes to consider themselves as sparring partners but with how much Akaza has to restrict himself he thought them as simple bodies to take his hits if he lands them.

Fury was boiling in his veins as Douma stops for a moment, allowing him to land a punch that knocks off his arm. The limb regenerates and Douma laughs before Akaza goes for a series of attacks. The sound barrier broke with how fast he was moving and still Douma doesn't dodge.

This was the fifth time that the Upper Moon has allowed the Kizuki to do as he pleased.

His fist stops before it can punch through the taller demon's chest.

"You aren't taking this seriously." Douma smiles.

"Akaza-Dono, who else will fight you at your fullest-" That fist goes through his chest and rips out his heart. The organ is crushed once in view.

"No, you are allowing me to hit you. You want me to hit you." Akaza drops the organ, looking up at the sky as it reddens. He then stalks his way inside, Kyojuro following and Sanemi trying to walk straight but Douma can tell he had a limp.

The human is bold to spit in his direction.

Dawn comes and Douma leaves.

Nakime strums her Biwa, a call had her doors open. She usually has her castle closed during the day, especially with how close it was to Sunrise.

Douma lands, a smile on his face.

"Yoo!" He waves and Nakime raises her hand ready to strike her Biwa again. Douma holds his hands up.

"Nakime-san, can you send me to Gyu-kun's place?"

Humans are gathered around the square of what once was known as the Entertainment District. Mutters were heard as they watch a weekly event about to unfold.

Demons were strapped down, limbs missing, having been cut. They struggled and snapped. Gyutaro stood before them, using his sickle to slice off limbs that started to grow back.

"You are pathetic. All of you, now you will pay for your crimes." Gyutaro rolls his eyes, having done this for decades now and sometimes it was droning to do so.

"YOUR SISTER IS A WHORE-" That demon was gutted and its jaw was knocked off. Gyutaro can hear some of the humans cringe while others clap. Humans were bizarre, one moment they hide till they thrill at a demon being put in their place.

"Die quickly." Gyutaro walks away as their cries get louder, he gets to the shade of the closest building. Humans part the way and some even thank him. He would throw a glance at those and rolls his eyes.

"Whatever." He leans against a door, watching as the sun finally sets the demons. They are crying out, tears at their skin burning away. Humans cheer at the execution.

Once the last demon with the highest body count was dust, some people went up and stomped on the remains.

Gyutaro sighs and goes to his sister.