Chapter 4

Douma stood outside of his room, listening to his songbird cry her heart out, sobs being muffled from her most likely hugging a pillow. Even as he stood there, bare as the day he was born because he left that quickly not thinking to grab clothes, he didn't feel shame for his nudity. The demon looks down at his claws, talons that luckily didn't have any blood under them.

What was this?
Sharp throbs are going on in his chest as the scent of tears gets richer along with the smell of sorrow.

Douma turns facing the door and reaches to take hold of the handle to slide it open. He grips it before letting it go. His head drops as he continues to listen for a while.

What had he done?

And still, what was this event going on with his heart?

In the dark of the night, his eyes glowed. He wanted answers and Douma couldn't just go back to his songbird, not in her current state.

"Douma-Dono?" Douma looks up from his thinking to see one of his female demonic servants. She was one who didn't care for the activities that go down in his estate. One of the reasons he has her in his employment. Even when some flirt, she doesn't care.

"Hikari."

She tilts her head, watching her lord (still in the nude) approach with no smile and his eyes becoming dim. It was uncharacteristic of him.

The Upper Moon stops as he is about to pass and from the corner of her eye, she can see his head down.

She can smell the recent activity on him and she has seen him with the one that had him smitten. A beautiful woman but Douma has many in his harem. But none have had him as this one has.

"Take care of Kotoha till I return....Please." Her lord then continues walking away with Hikari watching.

In the years since she was turned into a demon, he has never....begged. A demon's pride doesn't allow them to. Only those who encounter and displease their lord Muzan plea for their life. That's when they coward.

She looks back to the entrance of her lord's room, the sound of crying could be heard clearly.

What had this human done to her lord?

A knock on the door makes Kotoha jump. The young woman pulls the futon tighter on her.

She wasn't ready to talk.

But in this society, human consent or acknowledgment isn't needed when they could do nothing against demons.

This was Douma's place, his room, he could come in and not take her request into account.

The door slides open and Kotoha squeezes herself in a tighter ball.

"...Your name is Kotoha right?" It was a female voice.

Kotoha looks up, uncovering her head from the protection the futon provided.

A female demon knelt beside her, a candle being lit for her to see the details of her visitor.

She had green stripes and wild curls that start white and ended red. Like most demons, she had yellow eyes that glowed even with the adjusted light.

She studies her, seeing her nod.

"My lord has asked me to look after you, you may call me Hikari." Kotoha looks at her and relaxes only a bit.

Douma had sent someone for her? Just her...a human?

He was truly a strange demon, especially for a Kizuki. Demons that were at the top. Kotoha with her poor luck had ended up with the third most powerful demon in existence.

Now he ordered someone to take care of her.

"I smell blood.... Fresh blood." The demon had closed her eyes, smelling the air.

Reality sets in as pain she had been trying to distract herself from hits. Both the duller in her abdomen and the one on her shoulder.

"Let me see." Hikari watches as the human lets the futon fall, showing more of her beauty and revealing what her lord had done.

His scent was thick, even more, so the more skin that is revealed. It would take multiple baths before his smell was truly gone.

But his mark would stay on the woman as she examines the wound that has since become puffy and red.

She gets up.

"I'll be right back."

Kotoha bites into a belt of leather as Hikari cleans and dresses the bitemark Douma had left.

As a stitch enters and exits for each individual puncture, Kotoha felt her tears flow more freely.

He had been so close to devouring her.

Was this how it was going to be? Entranced by her own pleasure before ecstasy is ripped from her as fangs enter her throat.

She wants to hiccup and sob more but she was just so tired of it all.

Then Hikari speaks.

"He usually doesn't play with his food this much. Douma-dono has them once or twice at the beginning. My lord must want you to stay for a while." Hikari puts the last stitch in and looks at the work.

It would scar and needed to be watch for infection.

"Once my lord has a taste for blood, he can't help himself. I'm surprised he didn't eat you as soon as your cycle started."

It was true, many times, her lord would leave a room with a fresh kill for the servants because he had smelled the woman's cycle. It was why Hikari, in order for her lord to have his harem members' numbers stable, would have the women keep track before sending them to a detached back of the estate, far from her lord's normal route.

For him not to have eaten but rather...

Hikari watches the woman curl back up, eyes red and tears still coming down.

Rather... he had his way with her till her lord came to his senses. Her lord, who is said to have no emotions, was affected by the actions that he has done.

.
..
...

Hikari's eyes widen as realization hits her.

Did her lord feel guilty?

She watches the human....Kotoha lay on her master's floor, curling up once again with the futon hiding her away from the world.

What has she done to her lord?

A grunt is heard as a body falls to the ground. A man who couldn't have been more than twenty years of age snaps back up. Even as blood leaves his mouth he licks his lips.

"Again, asshole."

Knuckles popped as fangs are shown.

"You have some nerve, Sanemi. Your ribs are broken." Akaza watches one of his humans, Kyojuro clap on the sidelines, sporting a scratch above his eye, blood coming down but still he smiles.

"Lord Akaza, I am sure he can last one more round with you!"

"If not I can always fight, Akaza-Dono~"

Sanemi lowers his guard as his lord spins a kick straight into the demon that stands behind him. His head is cut in half.

For the first time since he woke up, Douma smiled as his head reformed.

"Humor me with a match, Akaza."

Akaza didn't need to be told twice to attack the idiot.