She moved with a solemn reverence, her fingers trailing over cherished mementos with a tenderness born of desperation. The ducks on the shelf and on the floor surrounding it were meticulously aligned, the books neatly stacked beside the bed, the empty space where another should have lain beside her—all were sacred relics of a love lost to the cruel whims of fate. These actions had become her rituals, etched into the fabric of her being, a testament to the depth of her longing.

Her heart knew this room had once been filled with enchantment, a gleaming memory tucked safely within the recesses of her mind. But now, it lay dormant, shrouded in shadows and guarded by an unseen force that forbade her from ever fully unraveling its mysteries.

Walking across the wide expanse of the room, a glint caught her sorrowful eyes.

As she reached for the necklace on the bedside table, her hand trembled with a mixture of grief and longing. The mirror pendant glinted in the dim light, casting reflections of a fractured soul. Slowly bringing it to her chest, she clutched it close, feeling the cool metal against her skin.

Unbeknownst to her, a single tear slipped from the corner of her eye, tracing a silent path down her cheek before falling onto the pendant mirror, where it mingled with her reflected image.

And then...

The dam broke.

Her sobs tore through the silence like a tempest, her cries of anguish echoing off the walls of the room. With each gut-wrenching sob, it felt as though her very essence was being torn apart, her heartache reverberating through the stillness of the space.

Collapsing to her knees, the pendant slipped from her grasp as she clutched at her chest, as if trying to hold the shattered pieces of her heart together. The weight of her grief bore down upon her like a suffocating blanket, threatening to crush her beneath its relentless pressure.

A primal scream escaped her lips, a raw and visceral expression of pain and longing. It echoed through the room like a haunting lament, filling the air with the palpable intensity of her despair. In that moment, she was consumed by the overwhelming weight of her sorrow, drowning in a sea of tears that seemed to have no end.

For Y/N, time stood still in that room, frozen in a perpetual state of mourning. And as she wept, she knew that no amount of tears could wash away the emptiness that consumed her soul, leaving her adrift in a world devoid of light or warmth.

In the solitude of her grief, Y/N found herself ensnared in a cruel paradox. Though time had etched maturity onto her features, her heart remained tethered to a past that refused to release its hold. Suitors came and went, their offers of companionship falling upon deaf ears as she recoiled from their advances with a visceral sense of betrayal.

How could she love another when her heart still beat in rhythm with a ghost from her past?

The very thought sent waves of anger coursing through her veins, a bitter reminder of the injustice of it all. She seethed with a righteous fury, railing against a world that dared to demand her affection when every fiber of her being belonged to someone else.

In the eyes of society, she was a prisoner of her own making, confined by the shackles of a love that defied reason and logic. And yet, in the depths of her soul, she knew that she would rather endure the agony of longing than betray the memory of the one she had loved so fiercely.

For her, there could be no compromise, no surrender. She would remain steadfast in her devotion, a solitary figure standing against the tide of time, her heart forever bound to the one who had captured it so completely.

Her yearning for the past grew ever more insistent, a relentless ache that gnawed at her soul with each passing day. She longed to turn back the hands of time, to revisit that same place and moment where love once bloomed like a delicate flower in the desert.

But the cruel reality of the world denied her wish, leaving her stranded in a barren wasteland of memories and regrets. Each day was a battle against the relentless march of time, a futile struggle to reclaim what had been lost to the ravages of fate.

It's a cruel irony indeed—once yearning to embrace the world, now trapped in its mundane grasp, she finds it lacking, devoid of the vibrancy she once craved. Something crucial is absent, an elusive memory that refuses to surface despite her relentless efforts to summon it. Instead, her heart aches with an insatiable longing for someone whose face remains a blur in her mind's eye, yet whose presence is etched into the very fabric of her soul, haunting her with the echoes of a love she can't quite remember but feels all too deeply.

Sobbing uncontrollably, she remained huddled on the floor, her gaze fixed upon the mirrors scattered before her. Unaware of her own words, she whispered into the silence, her voice trembling with a raw, unfiltered longing that threatened to consume her whole.

"I cling to hope," she confessed, her words barely audible amidst the cacophony of her despair, "to the fervent wish that one day, you'll return to this very spot."

With eyes tightly shut, she uttered softly, almost as if in a prayer. "I... I love you..."

Hic.

"And no matter the passage of time..."

"I vow to remain..."

"Ever waiting...

"...for you."