Chapter Thirteen: What Was An Ordinary Day For International Rescue

[February 26th, 2018]

The last two months had been really quiet. There haven't been any attacks from TAD. Madison knew something was coming, TAD had to have been planning something. Virgil and Madison were sitting listening to Virgil play the piano. He'd composed a piece for how Madison made him feel. Jeff was sitting at his desk checking on recent rescues and monitoring Gordon's rescue.

"Thunderbird One, we've got a situation." John calls out.

"What is it, Thunderbird Five?" Scott asks as he sits in the mission deployment lounge talking to Brena.

"I'm picking up seismic readings from what seems to be a country called Papua New Guinea." John explains.

"Gin-ie." Madison explains.

"What?" John asks.

"It's how you pronounce the country's name. Pa-Pua New Gin-ie." Madison explains.

"Right, what Madison said." John replies.

"Seismic activity? Is that an emergency?" Scott asks.

"It's gauging at 7.5 in strength." John states.

"Has it hit yet? We can't stop Earthquakes." Virgil explains.

"No, but this is a catastrophic event in the making." John responds.

"Thunderbird One, Thunderbird Two, head out there and prepare for Emergency services to call for help." Jeff explains, "Thunderbird Five, monitor the situation."

"F-A-B." John announces.

"Would you like to come along, Maddie?" Virgil asks.

"F-A-B." Madison exclaims and she rushes to get changed into her suit.

Virgil runs over and stands in front of a picture of a rocket behind his father's desk. He stands against it and after it slowly falls back he slides back and his shoulders are grabbed by a metal contraption as the picture closes. His face is shown up close as the machine holding him changes his clothes. His gloves and boots are placed on him before he's spun around and brought to Thunderbird Two where he closes the hatch. Madison is raised into the cockpit and she ties her hair into a ponytail before heading to sit down. Thunderbird Two lowers down over Module Box Two before Thunderbird Two moves to launch.

Meanwhile at the same time, Scott pulls down on the lights which acted as a lock for accessing his outfit. He gets spun around before he steps forward into the little area that will take him down to Thunderbird One. His eyes are shown up close as the machine puts his outfit on. His arm and leg braces are put on as he steps into his boots. He's taken over to Thunderbird One as his chair sat waiting. Thunderbird One pulls the chair in after he sits down in it and the hatch closes. Thunderbird One is moved into position below the pool that opens up for Thunderbird One to launch.

Thunderbird One and Two launch Thunderbird launch in unison. They were just taking off when John appeared in hologram form.

"The Earthquake is hitting." John announces.

"F-A-B. We're getting there as fast as we can." Virgil announces.

"I'm putting on the gas." Scott exclaims.

"F-A-B." Virgil replies. Scott takes off faster. Madison and Virgil wait moments for Scott to arrive. They were just heading Northeast to Indonesia. It wasn't far. Scott turns on his video and it appears in hologram. Within moments after the earthquake hit, the entire province of Hela was nearly destroyed.

"Oh my god..." Madison breathes out.

"Thunderbird One, we're getting requests to save as many as we can." John announces.