Chapter Ten: Talk Shows And Fish Tails!

[A Few Hours Later]

Madison stood in a nice dress with Virgil in his usual Thunderbird Two gear. They head out when they are called. Madison pretty much dragged Virgil to the couch. Madison waves to the audience and Virgil looks at Madison. Madison always looked braver when she was by his side. Virgil looks at her with a smile.

"I am glad to have you on the show, truly." The woman says.

"Virgil, this is Ellen." Madison explains.

"Hi." Virgil replies.

"So, tell us a bit about International Rescue." Ellen asks.

"Well, there's not much we can truly reveal." Madison explains.

"We can stick to the basics." Ellen replies.

"International Rescue was founded by Virgil's father, Jeff Tracy." Madison explains.

"Yes, Dad started International Rescue." Virgil explains.

"And when these boys appeared a few months ago, you were the only one to remember them?" Ellen asks.

"Yes, it was the strangest thing." Madison explains, "But I'm not complaining. I've always felt the call to help people like the wonderful work that International Rescue does."

"What classifies a rescue as an International Rescue situation?" Ellen asks.

"If it'll have maximum damage with civilian casualties it's an International Rescue situation." Virgil explains.

"Like earthquakes and explosions?" Ellen asks.

"Yes, exactly." Madison explains.

"So natural disasters." Ellen replies.

"Absolutely." Madison explains.

"But with the way the world is, how is International Rescue supposed to help people?" Ellen asks.

"We've got tech that helps us out." Madison explains. There's a beeping sound.

"Virgil." John's voice says. Virgil presses the button and John appears in hologram form.

"We just got a situation in Hawaii. I'm dispatching Gordon in Thunderbird Four but he needs your help." John explains.

"What are we looking at, John?" Virgil asks.

"A big situation." John explains and shows them. Maui had a forest fire on top while some kids had been swept away by the storm that was hitting the islands.

"Sorry we're going to have to cut this interview short." Madison explains, "Virgil, summon Thunderbird Two."

"F-A-B." Virgil explains.

"Where's the roof access?" Madison asks and Ellen points. Her cameraman went with them. They watched as Thunderbird Two appeared overhead. Madison and Virgil climb aboard the hatch and the cameraman watches Thunderbird Two take off.

"This is Thunderbird Two. We'll be there in five minutes." Virgil explains.

"What are we doing?" Madison asks, "We can't exactly stop a forest fire, especially not in the middle of a tropical storm that can develop into a hurricane."

"Rescuing some campers on Maui." John explains, "They don't have much time. The fire isn't going out. It's too hot."

"What's Gordon doing?" Virgil asks.

"A marine biologist was in the coves checking on some dolphins. She got swept out of the cove." John explains.

"John, that's a recovery mission." Madison explains.