Morphin Time

Two months had passed since Craig's trips through the infinite dimensional corridor ended

Two months had passed since Craig's trips through the infinite dimensional corridor ended. So much happened in that time: he, Kelsey, and J.P. discovered a group of plushie-obsessed kids deep within the Creek, a spooky ghoul nearly threatened his candy haul on Halloween, he and his friends traveled to an alternate "Creekiverse" (no TARDIS necessary), and they had the best winter break ever.

With spring break fast approaching, he was ready to spend way more time at the Creek than he ever had before. On the Thursday before the last school day leading into spring break, he returned home to swap out of his school clothes and into his usual Creek clothes – a yellow long-sleeved shirt with a sleeveless gray hooded vest, blue jeans, and white sneakers. He always double-checked to see if he had his two most prized possessions: his diamond-headed staff and Purse of Holding – a large teal-colored, over-the-shoulder frame purse that he was almost never without on his adventures...not even those in the Infinite...

No! I'm not thinking about that place anymore! I'm Craig of the Creek, not Craig of the Infinite DC!

He was nothing but determined to put as much mental distance as possible from the memories of his journeys. It was a lot harder than he imagined. There were so many memorable trips, so much time spent that he could've easily aged physically beyond 10 years old, had his exposure to the nuage energy not preserved it. It was the closest he would come to feeling like a Time Lo—

Nooo! Don't even think about the words "time" and "lord," Craig! Not unless it's time to pray to the Lord!

In his psychological struggle to purge those memories from his brain, he heard the closure of the front door to the house next door to him and his family – the empty house that Kara and Mireya used as a cover during their stay in Craig's world. Someone moved in just last week: a young redheaded Caucasian woman. She looked to be 18 years old, too young in the eyes of Craig's parents (Duane and Nicole) to own a house that big for one teenager. Craig thought she was very beautiful, but no more so than his older brother Bernard did, though he wouldn't dare admit it in front of Alexis, his girlfriend.

None of the Williams family had yet to welcome the new neighbor.

Craig figured he would be the first, since he caught her stepping out of the house, performing some unique stretches prior to her afternoon jog around the neighborhood. She executed a flawless standing split against the old tree in her yard, keeping her hands firmly planting on the grass. She was clearly athletic in her young age – definitely on a superhuman level in Craig's eyes. Between that and the familiar black hoodie and blue jeans that she wore for her jog, he began to wonder.

"Uh, excuse me?" he called to her.

Somersaulting out of her standing split, she straightened her ponytail as she looked over to Craig. "Oh, hi there," she waved with a friendly smile. "Nice to finally meet you. You're Craig, right?"