-13-

"Supposedly, it's an abandoned Wraith training and breeding ground. Hasn't been used in ages. Rodney wants to get his hands into their systems, see if we can learn anything, but we need to be sure it's truly abandoned." Weir nodded at Sheppard to continue.

He turned to the teams before him and crossed his arms. "Two teams. We have a lot of ground to cover. We'll mostly stick together but we want to clear as much of the area as possible as quickly as possible."

Jules raised a hand. "Uh...permission to ask a question?"

"Of course, Captain." Elizabeth gave a tight smile.

"I've been on nerd duty for the past month-" Rodney McKay scoffed beside her, and the corner of her mouth twitched. "This seems like it's above my current clearance level, ma'am."

"Your particular skills could come in handy if the Wraith are nearby. With your..."

"Superpowers?"

Elizabeth raised an eyebrow. "Intuition...you may be able to sense danger before it gets too close and get everyone to safety."

John interrupted. "Just like you did on P90-"

"Yeah, I remember. I was there. Follow up-"

"Captain." John reprimanded.

"Right. Sorry. Follow up, sir." She flashed a quick, tight smile. "I assume you also want me to go so I can familiarize myself with the surroundings to take the geek squad once the planet is secured."

John pinched the bridge of his nose as Elizabeth answered. "Yes. It'll help for you to get a lay of the land-" Jules's hand shot up again before she interrupted.

"You realize how ironic it is that you're asking a blind person to get the lay of the land?"

"Jules!" John snapped.

"What? It's true...Okay, reading the room. I'll shut up now." She mimicked zipping her lips and John had to cover his mouth with his hand to keep from showing his smirk at her attitude.

"Any other questions?" Elizabeth looked pointedly at Jules who just smiled, lips sealed tight. "Good. Gear up and Colonel Sheppard will brief you with final details in the gate room."

Jules stood and turned toward the doorway and, feeling his presence nearby, her eyes met Ronon's. He was still seething. It'd been three weeks since she'd returned to duty, since they'd fought, and still he was angry. She gave him a wide berth as she exited but she could feel his eyes on her the whole way.

She heard him stop John as she strode away. "You really think she's ready for this?"

"After what she did last week? Sensing an ambush and getting the team out safely? Yeah. I do." He patted the Satedan's arm as he strode past to prepare for the mission. "Have some faith, Chewie!"

~<>~~<>~~<>~~<>~~<>~~<>~~<>~~<>~

Jules had tamped down her mental connection with Ronon. She hadn't felt him with her mind all day. His space was like a black hole, void of any connection, and in that way, she always knew where he was. She checked his shoulder as she passed him to walk beside Teyla.