| 5 | The Gorgeous Girl Genius

Depuis le début

"Even if that was so, who would Kokichi like anyway? The guy is a jerk to practically everyone!"

Yeah, that.. But why? Why did the girls stare at me?

There was a moment of silence between the two of us. I thought more and more about it, and that's when the realization hit me like a brick.

"Wait, are you saying that..

Kokichi.. likes me?"

"Wow, I didn't expect you to get that so quick.." Angie claps her hands and laughs. However, her praise didn't really help much with my confusion.

I was a detective. Well, junior detective, but how did me, of all people, not figure this out early on?

I mutter to myself,"Were the signs really that obvious..?" Angie giggles, somehow hearing my questioning statement.

She smiles to herself as she continues to paint on her canvas. Seeing that the fact had intrigued me, she said,"Hmm, well if you're so interested Shuichi, ask Miu. She's the one who said something about it."

.

.

.

Miu, of course. If Kokichi wouldn't give me an answer, then she would. She was a girl, and girls know way more about love than a boy like me.

By now, she had probably headed over to her lab. I should hurry over and discuss this matter more thoroughly with her.

I stand up and put my dishes into the sink. I wave goodbye to my two friends as I headed over to the inventor's lab. When I had arrived, I knocked sparingly on the door. I could hear the moving of objects and shuffling of feet as I awaited for Miu to open the door.

"Who the hell is it??," Miu asked behind her closed door. She sounded pretty cranky.

"It's me, Shuichi."

Upon hearing this, Miu opens the door a peep. "Just you?" I nod.

"Alright then, you're allowed into this girl genius's lab.," she stated proudly as she opens the door fully for me to enter. As I walked in, I see Kiibo sat down to the side.

"Oh, hey Shuichi." I wave back awkwardly. He was likely here to get some upgrades from Miu.. again. I wasn't judging, but it's just that I'm a bit worried about someone like Kiibo when it comes to someone like Miu.

"So, what do ya want me to invent now Poo-Ichi?" Miu looked at me with stern eyes. "Hurry up and spit out the details already, this beautiful genius doesn't have all day, ya know!"

Suddenly feeling pressured, I diffidently started,"Well, actually, I wanted to ask you about that rumor  you made.. The one about Kokichi liking me?" Miu bursts out into laughter out of nowhere.

She points at me provocatively. "Loosen up, Kusaihara! You always take things so fuckin serious sometimes!," she declares tauntingly. I could feel my face heat up from embarrassment. Did I sound, or look too serious?

Kiibo chimes in,"Wait, Kokichi likes Shuichi?" He had a puzzled expression on his face.

Miu finally stopped laughing, saving me from any more humiliation. "Maybe he does, maybe he doesn't. Why ya askin? You wanna ask the little shit out?"