Chapter 13: Game plan

Ahmed's POV-

i answered the door to see my father, for the first time in maybe 5 years. he grew a thick beard and his shaggy appearance said it all.

without saying hell, he storms in.

i shut the door and followed behind him.

"where's your mother?" he asked.

"Zain." my mom said, "we need help."

"of course you need fucking help." he threw his arms, "two sons to take care of. that's all you had to do."

"i didn't know." she said.

"there's really nothing i can do." dad frowned, sitting down on one of the chairs."

"this isn't Mo, dad." i said, "he wouldn't do something like this willingly."

"well tell me what the fuck i can do about it." he grumbled under his breath.

"just pay for a lawyer, please. then he can have a chance of coming out." i told him.

"no, no way. no. i'm not paying for that kid's whatever just because she couldn't handle taking care of him, in the first fucking place!" dad yelled.

"Zain please. just half of it." mom begged.

"no." he said, "i won't. i didn't raise my son to be a drug dealer, i won't pay for his mistakes. he made his bed, he has to lie in it now."

"dad." i explained, "i'll repay it all back to you, just for now let us borrow it."

he looked at me sparingly in the eyes, for a second i thought he would listen to me and help us all out. but he resisted.

"no." he got up and walked out of the house.

i followed him and begged, "please dad! please help me get my brother out, do it for me."

that's when i saw someone else sitting in the passenger seat of his car. a little girl, around the age of 9, maybe even 10. she had blonde hair and the same brown eyes as my dad.

i paused for a second and reevaluated the situation before i managed to connect up the dots.

"mom." i said, her hand placed on my shoulder.

"is that, a kid?" she gasped, putting her hand on her mouth, "Zain."

"don't you dare judge me for a second, woman. this is my family now." he walked off.

"sleeping with that fucking white woman you always talked about again! why don't you just forget us all and continue living your life as a fucking man- whore?" she yelled at him.

dad turned back and looked straight into mom's eyes.

"you know what i said." she gritted.

he slapped her across the face before i pushed in, wedging myself between them.

"i think you should get in your car and drive away, dad." i spat with my eyes piercing into his.

he turned back and got in his car before shortly driving away.

"we'll figure it out." mom sighed.

Isaac's POV-

"hey Mads, do you notice something maybe, off, about B?" i asked.

"off? no. what do you mean?" Maddy turned to face me with a look of concern.

"her and Ms Rivera seem to be getting a little close, don't you think?" i held her hand as we continued to walk to her house.