Chapter 9: Black car

Billie's POV-

"hey!" i caught up to Mads who was waiting for me but the cafè.

"hey, how was your weekend?" she smirked, nudging me a little.

"it was good." i said, pausing a little, "so you and Isaac, huh?"

i was unsure of it first but i came around to it. Mads probably knows what she's doing anyway.

"mhmm." she hummed, skipping along our walk to school.

"and...?" i asked, smiling.

"we fell asleep of facetime yesterday." she blushed, looking at me.

"that's so cute!" i giggled, "so you guys are official now?"

"mhmm." Maddy nodded and looked at me, "you don't seem happy about it."

"i am, trust me i am." i reassured, laughing.

"no you're not." she stopped walking, "what's wrong with it?"

"nothing, i just- i don't know. me and Isaac are tight man, but there's something about you and him." i explained.

"what?" she dropped her smile and was looking me deadass in the eyes.

"i'm happy for you guys, i just don't want him to hurt you." i confessed.

she rolled her eyes and turned back to me, "i'll be fine! i've been through thousands of heartbreaks anyway."

i laughed as we continued to walk to school. i filled Mads in on what me and Aria did over the weekend and she filled me on Isaac.

at practice i met Isaac in the gym, we had already changed into kit and Maddy came to cheer us along, although she sat on her phone for most of it.

"congrats with Maddy." i said to him, grabbing the ball.

"if i wasn't there for her that day, god knows what would've happened to her." Isaac looked away.

"yeah, and i'm so glad you were there." i reassured him, "thank you."

he grabbed the ball off of me and took a shot as i kept my gaze on Aria, who had just walked in.

"i'll be back in a sec." i told him, running up the stairs to go see her.

Mads had this small smirk on her face.

"hey." i took a seat next to her, "you're eating. that's really good."

"mhm." she took a bite of her salad.

"i'd love to have a bite, but i can't." i sighed.

"here." she fed me a bite while Isaac talked with Mads.

"thanks." i chewed on it, "that's fucking good. no wonder you eat this all the time."

"go play." she laughed, "it'll be suspicious now."

i hopped back down the stairs and joined Isaac, who was talking to Mads.

"hey pass it!" i told him.

Isaac threw the ball at me while i practiced my hoops, then i realised he had approached me.

"something going on between you and Ms Rivera?" he asked.

"what?" i looked at him and chuckled, "ew no! what the fuck, Isaac."

i took a shot and missed.

"i know you, you only miss when your minds on something else. there is something going on isn't there?" he persisted on getting it out of me.