Chapter Thirty- Two- Scavenger Hunt (Part 3)

Bắt đầu từ đầu

I wasn't sure why this was having such an effect over me, but I couldn't help but only feel an unconditional and endless love for my boys, my brothers. "I-...A-...But-..."

"Harry also said that you might be a bit lost for words, so instead of standing here spluttering and stuttering, he told me to give you this." Olivia said handing me a tiny scroll of paper.

I read it with shaking hands, still lost for words.

Dear Beka,

It took Marina and I, a long time to find the right gift for you, and we were running out of time. It was this morning that we found it, the charm bracelet. On first sight, I knew it was exactly right for you. There was no second guessing, no thinking it over, the bracelet was all I wanted for you, and I didn't bother haggling down the price, you deserve the best, and paying full price for exactly that, didn't bother me. I hope you've had a very special and memorable birthday.

Lots of love,

your curly headed brother,

Harry.

"Thank you so much Harry." I whispered to myself.

"I don't know your family well, but considering the trouble they've all gone through to put together this whole day, really reflects the type of person you must be, and even though I barely know you, I think that you are a lovely young girl, Beka, and one day you are going to be beyond happy. As Harry said, you deserve the best."

"Thank you, Miss Olivia. Anything you need, just ask my family, and I'll make sure we grant you your favour."

Olivia smiled at me and bowed her head. I smiled, and whistled to Mischief. He trotted over to me from around the other side of the pond, where something had captivated his attention, and the townspeople turned to stare at him as he passed. He knelt down for me; I slid onto his back, and dropped the jeweller's box into my bag. I grabbed hold of the reigns, and went to kick Mischief in the side, but then I realised I had no idea where I was to go next. I stared ahead of me, thinking, and Olivia just looked up at me from the ground with an eyebrow raised.

"Is there something wrong Princess Beka?" She asked.

I turned my head towards her. "Did Harry by any chance give you the next clue for the scavenger hunt?"

Olivia pattered her pockets, and came up empty. "Um...no sorry." She said shaking her head.

I slouched in the saddle and fiddled with Mischief's reigns. "Well...now what?" I asked stumped. Olivia shrugged at me, and looked around confused. Mischief kept shaking his head, and tried to move forward, but I pulled back on his reigns to keep him steady. "Mischief, stop." I demanded, but he didn't listen. He stamped his foot, sending a cloud of dirt into the air, and whipped his head so his reigns ripped out of my hands.

I flinched back as the leather burnt across my palms, and Mischief trotted forward. I ignored the pain in my hands, and grabbed hold of his mane so I wouldn't fall off. I squealed, and the townspeople turned to look at me worriedly. Olivia raced after the deep black horse, ordering him to stop, but still, he ignored her demands.

Mischief took me to the other side of the pond, where he was before, where it was a little deeper, and waded his way through the water, until he was ankle deep. He grunted in the back of his throat, and looked directly at the water. I took a shaky breath, before sweeping the hair out of my eyes. I raised my hand above my head, about to smack him. "Mischief, don't you dare do that to me-..."

I stopped mid-sentence, with my hand still raised. I looked into the direction that occupied Mischief's attention, and found what I had been looking for, Harry's clue.