18.

"Won you cannot marry Junhui." Seungcheol said sternly to Wonwoo. The two of them were sat on Wonwoo's couch after Seungcheol asked if he could come over.

"What?" Wonwoo scoffed. "You're not my dad."

"I practically raised you."

"You're only a year older than me." Wonwoo rolled his eyes.

"Who taught you how to ride a bike, who was at your high school graduation when your parents couldn't make it, who taught you how to change a tyre-"

"Ok ok. Seriously why do you care so much though?" Wonwoo threw his hands in the air out of frustration.

"Because I know he's not right for you."

"And who is?"

"Mingyu." Wonwoo rolled his eyes at that too.

"As if. That man has left me multiple times to be with Minghao."

"So has Junhui." Wonwoo's eyes widened and he could feel tears beginning to form.

"Don't be an asshole." Wonwoo stated before looking away.

"Look Won, I didn't mean it like that." Seungcheol sighed. "I care about you. I want you to be happy. Will you be happy if you go through with this marriage?." Wonwoo tried to swallow his pride and looked into Seungcheol eyes. The next few words that came out were a lie.

"Yes. I love Junhui, he loves me."

"Won-"

"And there's nothing you can say or do to make me leave him."

~~~~~~~~~~

Wonwoo spent his lunch break talking to Nayeon in the lobby.

"Such a slow day today I can just relax." Nayeon leaned back in her chair and Wonwoo laughed.

"That's good." Wonwoo smiled. "How was-" Wonwoo was cut off by Nayeons desk phone ringing.

"Hello? Oh Minhyun how are you doing?.. That's good I'm good too... Oh a man came by earlier with those boxes.... Yes Wonwoo is here..... Okay I'll send him up with them." She hung up the phone.

Wonwoo raised one of his eyebrows at her.

"Minhyun wants these boxes upstairs now". She pointed behind her desk. "There's too many I don't think you can carry all of them."

As she tried to think of a solution Mingyu walked through the big glass doors at the entrance.

"Mingyu!" Nayeon exclaimed waving him over. "Would you be so kind to help Wonwoo with these boxes."

"Nayeon it's fine-"

"Nonsense Wonwoo." Nayeon smiled and gestured towards the boxes.

"Sure." Mingyu returned the smile and picked up 3 boxes for himself, leaving only 1 for Wonwoo to carry.

"Min I can carry 2." Wonwoo said.

"Don't worry Wonnie." Mingyu flashed a smile at him. They walked towards the elevator together and stepped inside. Wonwoo pressed the button and the doors closed.

They stood in silence until the elevator reached the 11th floor and suddenly stopped. A weird noise whirred from the outside.

"Please don't tell me-" Wonwoo almost cried out but was cut off by an automated message.

"Elevator has broken. Security has been notified. Please wait patiently"

"No!" Wonwoo yelled out and placed his box on the floor.

"Don't be upset Won." Mingyu frowned and placed his boxes down. Wonwoo just stared at the wall with sad eyes and they stood in silence for what felt like hours but was really 10 minutes.

"Wonwoo..." Mingyu began and Wonwoo turned to look at him. "You told me you were breaking up with him and now you're engaged. Why."

Wonwoo's eyes began to water and he looked up towards the ceiling.

"Between you and him, it hurts less to be with him." Wonwoo started. "At least if he breaks my heart it'll go away. Your tiny fractures in my heart over time have never repaired." Wonwoo let out a sad sigh. "You were never there."

"I'm here now."

"Are you? No matter what you always pick him." Wonwoo looked away.

"Who?" Mingyu looked confused.

"For god sake Mingyu. Him. Minghao." Tears flooded out of his eyes. "I look to you, but you look at Minghao. Since we were kids. I will never be your focus so long as he is here."

"Wonnie-"

"And I'm sick and tired of pretending like that's okay." Wonwoo said angrily.

"I never meant-" And almost as if the gods had heard Wonwoo's silent plea, the elevator began to move again.

It seemed to reach its destination at lighting speed and Wonwoo burst out of the doors as soon as it opened. Mingyu left the box in Minhyun's office and walked out, with more questions left unsaid than ones answered.