4.

"Okay Junnie, I'm off to the interview now!" Wonwoo yelled from the front door.

"Good luck love!" Junhui yelled back from their bedroom and with that confirmation that Junhui heard him, Wonwoo left.

Wonwoo boarded the bus, breath quickening and mind running wild over all the possibilities of the interview. He nervously looked around and sat in the middle of the bus, then he looked to his hands, counting the amount of cracks and crevices on his palm. The bus came to a still at the next stop, letting a man on who sat down at the front of the bus. Another passenger sat down next to Wonwoo, shuffling closer to him which Wonwoo thought was weird but chose not to think the worst.

"Well aren't you handsome" The man, who Wonwoo thought looked around 40 told him. Wonwoo just nervously looked away, he hoped the man would leave him alone. "What's the matter baby? Shy?" The man put his hand on Wonwoo's thigh.

"Sir please stop!" Wonwoo suddenly yelled at the man.

"Why? Am I making you nervous?" The man smiled and Wonwoo could almost see his cavities, he slid his hand up further Wonwoo's thigh.

"Stop!" Wonwoo screamed

"Hey now don't be so mad-"

*THUD*

The man was punched across the face, falling off his seat.

"What the fu-"

"Mingyu!?" Wonwoo exclaimed staring at the man who had saved him.

"Wonu are you okay?" Mingyu asked gently to which Wonwoo just nodded.

"You little shit you'll pay for that!" The man stood up and took a fighting stance ready to fight Mingyu. All of a sudden to bus came to a halt on the side of the road.

"Oi! All of you off the bus right now" The bus driver yelled at them and opened the doors.

"What? I was protecting him!" Mingyu said.

"Doesn't matter, bus policy" The bus driver responded. Mingyu angrily looked at the man perving on Wonwoo. "You..." the bus driver looked at the man. "...Can stay, I already told police to be at our next stop"

"Don't even think about fighting me you dickhead" Mingyu said through his teeth to the man, he grabbed Wonwoo's arm and led him off the bus. They both stood in silence as the bus drove away. "Won-" Mingyu began to say but was interrupted by arms wrapping around his neck.

"Thank you, Min... I don't know what I would've done without you" Wonwoo whispered. Mingyu blushed at the nickname 'Min', everyone, including Minghao had called Mingyu 'Gyu' his whole life, except for Wonwoo. It brought Mingyu back to his teenage years, cuddling in bed with Wonwoo as he said things like "Min you're so handsome". Mingyu hugged back, his arms around Wonwoo's waist, fighting the urge to kiss him. They pulled away and stared into each other's eyes, Mingyu could see the maturity in Wonwoo's face, the way his cheekbones stuck out as he lost his baby fat. On the other hand, Wonwoo was staring at Mingyu's whole being, trying to remember how he turned from a skinny boy to the muscular man he is now. Wonwoo began to pull away... and Mingyu let him.

"Don't worry about it Wonu, I'll always be there for you" They smiled at each other for a few seconds. "So where were you headed?"

"A job interview" Wonwoo checked his watch. "I have 40 minutes to get there... think I can walk?" Mingyu chuckled.

"Walk? You can barely walk from your room to the kitchen" Mingyu teased and Wonwoo just slapped his chest.

'Woah, was his chest always that hard?' Wonwoo thought internally.

"Well as a matter of fact Mingyu I'm actually very fit now" Wonwoo fought back.

"Really? I tried to get you to play all kinds of sports. What changed?" Mingyu asked. Wonwoo bit his lip, the real answer was 'I spiralled into a deep depression after you moved on and my therapist told me to exercise to forget about you'. Wonwoo preferred to remain quiet about that topic.

"Jun, he got me into it" Wonwoo said quietly.

"Oh, well I already see there's ways he's better than me" They stayed silent for an awkwardly long time.

"I missed you" Wonwoo whispered to break the silence and Mingyu almost didn't hear it, but when he did, he put his hand on Wonwoo's chin so they could look eye to eye.

"Wonwoo I-" Mingyu began to lean but Wonwoo turned his face to the side. "I missed you too" Mingyu uttered quietly instead.

"Will you..." Wonwoo began and Mingyu looked hopeful. "Come to me and Jun's house warming party next week? The whole gang will be there" Mingyu smiled bitterly.

"I'll always be there for you" Mingyu replied and they looked away from each other. "Anyway, let's get you to that interview. I'll call you an UBER"

"Mingyu you really don't have to-" Wonwoo put his hand on Mingyu's arm, his eyes widened in shock by the size of his bicep.

"Don't worry about it. Let's say it's a gift for being so brave today" Mingyu smiled at him. Wonwoo's cheeks flushed a pinkish colour and his lips curved into a small smile.

"Thank you Mingyu" he finally said something. As the UBER pulled up onto the side of the road, Mingyu opened the door for Wonwoo. Wonwoo entered the car and stared back at him.

"I'll see you at the party, message me the details" Mingyu flashed his signature canine smile and he swore for a second Wonwoo swooned. He closed the door and stepped back onto the curb side. He sighed and walked to the nearest bus stop, playing on his phone.

Mingyu really hoped Wonwoo would see his love for him.