Chapter 13

NOT EDITED

PORCELAIN shards shattered all over the place. It seems like deja vu to her, her hazy mind already struggling to comprehend everything but her mind went sharp when the past memories of the last time Porcelain shattered and so did her heart with it, it bleed with her hands. Her doe eyes shot up with fear but she was determined to not act upon her fight or flight response, flight didn't go to well.

Fight was an option she hasn't dwelled in yet but a part of her said that this isn't the time. Her eyes on him and his next move, she noticed his anger ticks rising and that made her anxiety rise. "I-I'll get an-another one and I-I'll clean it" said Laila and attempted to use that excuse to flee. She was stopped by him holding her hand tight. He pulled her towards him and twisted her hands behind her. "Do you've any idea on how much that costs, it costs way more than you" said Parth and Laila looked at him in disbelief.

"Why are you so clumsy all the time, clean it instantly and get me another coffee" said Parth and attended a call which he got. He got screaming at this side of the call which further startled Laila. She picked the pieces up with end up in her fingers getting prickled. Her hazy mind wasn't letting her mind be sharp and concentrating well. She heard Parth's footsteps getting louder and she knew that he was approaching the table. She needed to fasten up and get him his coffee. In an attempt to fasten, more blood bath occurred.

"If there was a competition on who makes the biggest mess and makes is worse, you'd win first prize effortlessly" taunted Parth and Laila with her glossy eyes looked at him. "Make it fast, I swear I'll make it regret everything if I'm late today" warned Parth and Laila nodded. She picked up the pieces and swept the small pieces away. She took a small cloth and tied it around her wound. She took the cup of coffee and rushed towards the impatient Parth. She placed it infront of him and he looked at her in absolute disgust.

"Don't you know how to clean a cup of serve it right, my cup is full of this red stains, serve me in a cup with no red stains and also clean the floor up" said Parth and Laila's glossy eyes got glossier. She took the cup back and tried her best to not get her blood onto the cup. She held it with her non injured fingers and kept her injuries away from it. She placed it and he gave her a slight node. She took a cleaning cloth and cleaned the floor while he ate blissfully without a care.

He finished his food and went to wash, Laila kept all the foods back in the kitchen. She wanted to get back to an endless darkness but she couldn't. She saw him walk towards her, "Since there are no househelps around, you're the one in charge of everything, since it's your first day, I want every part of the second floor clean with out a even spot left out" said Parth and Laila looked at him in disbelief. "You can skip the closed doors but the remaining needs to be clean spotless otherwise be ready for the consequences" said Parth.

"I'll be back by seven and I expect my clothes to be laid out, food placed on the table by eight" said Parth and Laila nodded slowly. "I expect words Laila" said Parth and Laila remembered what Vanya had said to her, "yes" said Laila in a muffed tone and Parth started to walk away. "Bring the blue file on my table immediately" said Parth and Laila rushed to the room to find the blue file, she had to search quite a bit and the ticking time was increasing her anxiety,  she finally found it and rushed downstairs to hand it over.

"You take an eternity to get things done, I expect better and faster work at night" said Parth. "Umm- what would you want for night" asked Laila and Parth thought for a second, "Paneer Butter Masala and Rice" said Parth, "ok" said Laila in an effort to not nod. "I'm aware that there are extra food so pack the extra and give it to one of the securities outside, they'll give it to the nearest orphanage" said Parth and Laila smiled at that, "Yes" she replied. "Don't forget what I said" repeated Parth, "I won't" replied Laila

Laila saw Parth fade away from her line of sight and she was relieved. Whenever he's around, she felt like somebody commanded her to stop breathing, his presence was suffocating.  She felt like running away but at the same time Frozen at her place, unable to even blink. She wanted to scream out loud but not even a mere whisper arises, His presence was no less than a nightmare for her to be around with. She took a deep breathe, finally feeling freed but the dread of what he left behind did last in her mind, the chaos in her continued.

She went to the kitchen and found the first aid kit. She delicately bandaged her wounds, She knew that she is the only one who could care for her in this house. She then moved onto packing the food and she walked upto the security, they handled the rest. She had a smile on her face realising that some kid is going to be happy to have the meal she cooked. She drank a glass of water and realised what all she had to do. She took a second to compartmentalise and prioritise the work, she knew that Parth would act upon his threats.

Her few takeaways from the marriage is that Parth is sadistic, he would definitely hurt her if he threatened her he would. She ate something and took a medicine to ease her fever. She was feeling sick but she had prioritise things for survival. She took the duster and started dusting the second floor. She wore a mask so her cold doesn't get worst and her allergies to not get worked up on top of that. She glanced at the clock time to time to check if she behind schedule or not, the was scared to be late.

She was relieved when the dusting part finished but now she was to vaccum the whole place. She took the vaccum cleaner and went around cleaning like a mad woman. Her breaks were more of a time checking moment than a rest, she powered through Cleaning the whole floor. She took the mop and mopped around the place as good as she could. She put on some songs on get phone to make her atleast feel a bit energetic, Peppy songs played as she depressingly cleaned around while fear lurked around the corner with sickness clouding her body.

She finished moping and was satisfied, she knew she wasn't done but she was way past lunchtime. She heated up the breakfast and had it for lunch, she ate up the lunch fast because she had work to do and she was really hungry from working so long. She got back to works, she wiped the whole place and it took her so much time that it was making her concerned that will she have enough time. She lazily namesake wiped a few rooms and rushed to the kitchen to make dinner. She prepared the dinner looking at a youtube video.

She proceeded hoping for the best and was pleasently surprised tasting the food. She looked at the clock and rushed to the room to lay out the clothes. She took a soothing hot bath which made her feel relaxed and she took some medicines. She put an alarm and rested for a while. She woke up a while later and saw that it was about to be seven. She went to the kitchen and took a glass of water, she waited in the living room for him. She saw him emerging through the door and she felt the suffocating feeling again.

She gave him the glass of water and he picked it up from her, he drank it and gave her the glass. "Not even a courtesy thank you" she wondered, she kept it in the kitchen and heated up the food. She set the plates for dinner and she saw him coming downstairs. She muttered a prayer and the dinner went well. She was relieved that this was going to get over. "Let's see how good do you clean" said Parth and he ascended the stairs and Laila trailed him. He walked past the rooms she properly cleaned and was slowly approaching the rooms she lazily cleaned because she was getting sick and late. She gulped hard and hoped for the best.

"Let's see how you did on your first day" said Parth

Authors note
My exams got over thankfully. I'm aiming for one update a week and I'm sure I'm even unable to do that. Please do comment and give me motivation to write more, I've so much planned for this book