chris x nightmare!reader ❀𝜗𝜚

summary: you wake up from a nightmare early in the morning and text chris to pick you up.

-

y/n: hey chris, sorry to text so early but do you want to pick me up and we can go do stuff before school?

chris: you're good, i was already awake from matt screaming at his computer
chris: and yea, ill be there in 10

-

you quickly wrapped yourself in your carhartt jacket and slung your backpack on your shoulder before rushing out to chris' car. it was so early and cold that your breath was foggy and his car had frost on it.

"hey." you smiled tiredly as you hopped in the car, tossing your backpack in the back seat. you immediately turned the heat up and blasted it, then took his phone and changed the song playing.

chris scoffed a laugh and shook his head at you. he acted annoyed but he liked that you were comfortable enough to just mess with anything of his like it was your own. "you are way to comfortable if your messing with my aux already."

you rolled your eyes and folding your arms, trying to heat up still. "shut up, i do it all the time and you never complain."

chris started on the road and went aimlessly in a direction, but keeping close to school and the shops near it. "so whats up? why the fuck are you awake so early, its unlike you." he glanced at you, a little weirded out from your behavior. this never happened.

you shrugged and looked out the window, biting your lip in thought.

"okay, seriously. did something happen with your dad again? you can stay at my house anytime, you know." chris drove with one hand so his other could reach over and hold your hand on the console.

you shook your head and squeezed his hand. "i cant do that. i don't ever want to be in your way, especially when you already have 2 brothers you have to deal with. but i'm fine, it was just a nightmare." you mutter.

chris sighed. "you're never in the way, y/n, how many times do i have to tell you and have it stick in your brain? i love having you over, it would be like a huge sleepover, kind of like old times." he grinned softly and glanced at you, happy to see a small smile on your lips.

you and the triplets grew up with each other, them just the street over from yours. you slept over there a lot because of your home situation, so their house was like a second home for you, just like mary lou was like a second mom for you too.

"i know. i'm sorry, i cant help but feel like i'm intruding now." you hate you feel this way, and its not like the triplets made you feel this way, it was your dad. his words hurt a lot sometimes.

chris frowned and felt anger bloom in his stomach. he knew about your dad, and the things he says to you and your shy mother. he tried to help as much as he could, trying to reverse your dads words and make you feel mentally okay. it was hard sometimes though.

"its alright, i understand. do you want to talk about your nightmare?" he asked, and it was silent for a moment in the car.

"...i was at your house," you whispered, "we were having fun and playing with nick and matt, it was great, like old times. then there was a knock on the door and it was dad coming to take me home. in the dream i refused to go home, i screamed and cried as i ran to your bedroom and hid under the bed. i was so fucking scared. but then you came into your room and dragged me out from underneath the bed. you gave me up to my dad even after i pleaded with you to not let me go, to let me stay with you. you just shook your head and handed me over to him."

chris gulped as he felt your hand shaking in his, and his knuckles were white as he gripped the steering wheel. he hated your dad for making you ever feel this way.

it was silent for a couple minutes as you sniffled, chris rubbing his thumb back and forth on the back on your hand. it calmed you, and you leaned back in your seat and sighed after wiping some tears.

"you know i would never, ever fucking do that, right? i would literally punch that douche straight in the face if he ever tried taking you away like that."

a smile easily grew on your face and you laughed. chris glanced at you. he wonders how he's resisted kissing your lips for so long, the ones that smile warmly at him and frown when your mad/annoyed. he loves your smile lines and dimples, and nick always makes fun of him for making more jokes when your around.

you settle in tour seat with a small smile, a weight lifted off tour shoulders. that always seems to happen when your with chris. everything just seems better, easier. its easier to laugh and be happy around him. "thank you." you say, then yawn.

"you wanna go get coffee before school?" he asks, turning towards the local coffee shop you love to support.

"duh, of course. we're boycotting starbucks at the moment."

"really? thats why your getting coffee from this place?"

"yep. coffee from here isn't even that good."

"you're so fuckin' weird."

"you love it."

"i do."

960 words (unedited/not proof read)
just a short one, i like it though lol