possessive!chris x reader ✧

summary: even if you aren't together, chris and you know who you belong too.

warnings: kind of toxic relationship between reader and chris, abusive ex

-

you hated parties. you hated anything that had to do with crowds and alcohol, so this was your worst nightmare.

why did you come in the first place then? well, your friend convinced you that you needed to stop sulking around about chris and get out there, meet some new people, specifically another guy.

but... you knew. you knew no one would ever make you feel how chris made you feel. you knew that wherever you ended up, you're always going to go be back into his arms.

in the back of your mind, you wondered what the hell you were doing. if you knew all of that, why were you here, searching for a guy to go upstairs with? the truth hits you like a ton of bricks, knocking the air out of your lungs and making your chest ache.

chris didn't do relationships, thats why. he told you that in the beginning, and made it very clear in your last argument. "i'll never be in a relationship. its just not for me, ma. i told you from the beginning."

the lump in your throat grew and your eyes burned. you looked around at the happy couples dancing around you and suddenly felt so alone. without chris by your side, hugging your waist and making sure you didn't drink too much, you felt numb.

"hey, where are you going?" you friend yells over the loud music, stopping her dancing with a random guy.

you shook your head, "out back." is all you responded with before pushing through the sweaty crowd. you made it to the glass sliding door that opened up onto the patio.

the cold air created goosebumps on your bare skin, but it felt nice. you stepped to the railing and looked up at the stars.

"hey."

you turned slightly and saw your ex. "hi." you said quietly, wishing for him to leave you alone. you wanted to be alone with your thoughts. you didn't want to fight or defend yourself right now, since thats all you did with him around.

he stood next to you. "i love that dress." he hummed, looking you up and down.

you ignored him. you knew what he really meant. "i love how your body looks in that dress." you feel uncomfortable and disgusted as his eyes stay on your form.

"please, jack, go away. i don't want to deal with you tonight." you muttered.

he raised an eyebrow and cocked his head at you. "is it because of that lowlife loser? what does he have that i don't?" he started.

you sighed and shook your head, eyes hardening at the mention of chris. even if chris broke your heart over and over again, you would defend him until you couldn't anymore. "he's not a lowlife loser, first of all. i think your projecting a little, don't you think?" you seethed, looking away from the stars and into jacks angry eyes.

you poked his chest harshly, "you don't have respect for women, he does. all you have is the ability to be abusive and selfish." you hissed out, pushing him back by his chest. all of your anger from chris and him combining into one. why did all the men in your life hurt you? why couldn't they have loved you and cherished you?

jack scowled and grabbed your wrist in a tight grip. "you think he respects women? really? doesn't he fuck you and then leave you to cry alone in your bed? how is that respect, y/n?" he jerked your wrist, making you wince.

you glared at him with glossy eyes. "he doesn't do that. he fucks me better than you ever did and then stays the night, unlike you. he doesn't hit me, unlike you. he doesn't control me, unlike you!"