hockey!chris x goalie!reader ❀

summary: you're the only girl on the team, and the goalie. people on the opposing team don't take you being a girl and beating them good, so they get up in your face. chris defends you.

-

"thats their goalie?"

"its a girl? how did she even make it on the team?"

"she probably used her body, duh. how else."

you ignored the comments, straight faced as you continued to do warmups and stretch with your teammates.

almost every game, the guys on the other team would trash-talk you. the only thing that didn't make you stand up for yourself was the fact that you knew how good you were, and you could not wait to see their faces when they couldn't score even one goal because of you.

your teammates beside you clicked their tongues and glared at the other team, obviously hearing what you are.

you shook your head. "don't." you said simply.

"but they—"

"no."

they groaned but nodded, wishing they could just punch the stupid idiots. they knew that you liked to keep out of the drama and just show the other team how being a girl didn't make you any less talented then them.

you sighed and glanced up, eye locking with chris from across the rink. your stomach had sudden butterflies and your pulse quickened without warning.

chris was your teammate. he was one of the best, always scoring at least 1-3 goals in games. you didn't really speak to him much, but their was lingering glances, exchanged smiles, and a spark of electricity whenever you locked eyes.

you hate to say it, but you've developed a little crush on him just from those actions and feelings.

chris smirked slightly and nodded at you, making you gulp and nod back. he looked away after that, and you did too to stop the butterflies in your stomach.

the crowd roared and cheered as the game started, players roughly hitting each other onto the glass and shooting goals.

one of your teammates accidentally lost the puck, causing the opposing team to snatch it up and quickly skate down the ice towards you with no one close to him.

you exhaled to focus, your eyes never leaving the puck as you got ready to block. his eyes were narrowed and he smiled like he had already scored, and shot it.

"hell yeah!" he shouted, without even seeing it go it.

you rolled your eyes and felt the second hard embarrassment, looking down at the puck stopped by your leg guards of the ice. maybe if he actually tried to score it, it would've been harder to block it.

"and y/n l/n stops the oncoming puck easily from aiden rex, who had the whole rink open!" the announcer screams, and the crowd shouts and some bang on the glass. some are angry and some are proud, but you smiled at the look on aidens face.

he was fuming. he suddenly skated up to you, your face guards touching each others he was that close to your face. you stayed unfazed, not stepping back and staring at him in the eye.

"you fucking bitch! i know you fucked your way onto this team!" aiden yelled at you, and kept skating forward to push you back.

the crowd started banging on the glass more, roaring and egging aiden on. they loved to see fights.

you bit your tongue and raised an eyebrow, lips sealed shut. you would let him have his tantrum in front of all these people, so he would feel embarrassed when you don't speak a word to him. they did this because they wanted to hear you upset and yell back, but you would never give in.