Prologue

"Quick! Hurry up! We have a meeting to go to," The woman said, buttoning up her shirt. Her fingers fiddle with the stupid buttons that refused to go through the hole.

"You're acting like it wasn't your idea in the first place," The man replied, belting his black work pants. The woman shot him a quick glare before slipping on her heels.

"Pass me my tie, please," the man pointed to the black clothing piece resting wildly on the armchair in the corner. The woman tossed it to him, pulling her hair into a ponytail. With a quick sniff at her pits, she gagged.

"Frick, I left my perfume at home," She cursed under her breath. The man grabbed a bottle from his bag, offering it to the woman.

"Man's cologne?" She shrugged, giving herself a few sprits. "Better than smelling like a pig,"

"Holy crap," The man said, staring at his silver watch. "We're almost late!"

"But I need to do my makeup!" The girl whined, staring at the mess of red lipstick and mascara that painted her face.

"Wipe it off, and let's go!" The man threw a makeup wipe at her before dragging her through the door.

The two went to the office room, quietly bickering about their situation as they sped-walked.

Making it just in time, the two took their seats at the long table with many co-workers. Mr. Dareth stared up and down the table, seeing everyone was there before sprinting to the manilla folders.

"Okay, now let's begin. Recent stats portray our companies.."

The woman, Seliel, sitting next to the woman who nearly entered late, stared at her in confusion.

"Harumi. Why are you wearing men's cologne?"