10

He wakes with Baby curled into a ball in his arms, her back to him and her face hidden in her knees. It's such a strange way to sleep, but he finds himself smiling fondly at her. She's cute. He never smiles fondly and he never thinks anyone is cute - what the fuck is up with him lately? "You are rolled up like a kitten," he hums shoving his head between her limbs and searching out her face blindly. She giggles softly and uncoils, letting him in. "Morning," she whispers and looks up at him with bright eyes and a wide smile. "You always so happy in the morning? I'm not...just so you know," he hums and starts running his lips along the skin on her neck.

"I bet you are broody and dark even on your birthday."

"I am," he says sliding his hand around her body. "You don't have to get up for work? You want me to make you coffee?" she asks opening her body up for him as he slides between her thighs. "I make my hours. You want me to go?" he mumbles spreading her legs further apart with his knees and pushing into her gently. "No..." she breathes out then groans and wraps her arms around his neck as he starts thrusting into her, he keeps his strokes long and slow. "You like soft now?" she whispers, a smile playing on her lips. "I like you," he says lifting his head from her neck and looking down at her. "You are sweet," she whispers and connects their lips as he continues his slow thrust into her.

He is not sweet. He is not a nice person. Last night he murdered someone and had not given it a second thought when he squeezed the trigger. He is gruff and ruff, rude and unkind. But, not with her. With her, he is a different person. With her he is soft. He feels a rip of possessiveness in his chest when he cums and empties into her. He will kill for her, burn the world for her and he has no idea why.

Why her?

He feels his cell phone vibrate under his pillow and knows it's a message from Mitch. The plan has been set in motion and for the first time in his life, he is second-guessing his actions. Fear settles in his chest. What has he started? A war? He has always known a war would come one day and he thought he would be ready for it. He is prepared or at least he was prepared, but now he has something that he is afraid of losing. If Baby gets caught up in the middle of all this and gets hurt, he'll never fucking forgive himself. He needs to get her out of here. There is a fucking storm brewing.

"Hey...you alright? Look at me," her soft voice calls him back from his dark thoughts. He blinks his eyes and looks down at her. She is looking up at him, she is warm like the morning sun. "Last night..." she starts but trails off as he shakes his head. "I won't talk about my business with you, Baby," he says. She watches him carefully and then nods her head. "I won't hurt you," he feels the need to add. "I know that...you want coffee?" she asks smiling up at him. He should tell her it's time to go and get her out of here but he can't find it in his selfish chest to say the words.

Tomorrow.

He will look after her till tomorrow, he will keep her safe then get her out before the war he has set in motion starts. Her family sucks but she will be better off with them than here with him.

"Yeah. Coffee," he says rolling off her and fishing his phone out from under his pillow. "Oh! Do you want muffins? Tom gave me a recipe and explained how to make them. I could make you muffins for breakfast and coffee. You want that?" she asks. "Yeah, sounds good," he says picking up a cigarette from his box and putting it in his lips. "Gross," she says grabbing it out of his mouth and throwing it across the room with a giggle. "You need to stop doing that," he says taking another one and putting it in his lips. She goes to grab it but he grabs her first and rolls them. She screams and then giggles, trying to fight him off. But, she is no match for him as he holds her down easily and then digs his finger into her ribs.

"Oh! Stop! Austin, stop! I am going to wet the bed!" she begs between her laughing. "Promise to stop taking my smokes," he says. "I can't!" she shouts, still giggling. She sounds so happy that Austin almost hopes she never stops grabbing his smokes. Almost. "Oh, please stop. Stop," she begs and almost as if she has a hold over his body he obeys her request. "Silly, man!" she shouts and jumps on top of him, trying to overpower him. He lets her and falls back laughing as he pulls her with him then finds her lips on his.