Ice tea with kindness

Ailly checks the time; it was already past 2 p.m., and at this hour, the linguistic treasure hunt has undoubtedly already begun in the inner courtyard of the academy. The atmosphere is infused with the excitement of participants embarking on this linguistic quest. Groups of students crowd the courtyard, armed with their sharp minds and linguistic skills, ready to decipher riddles and follow clues to uncover the hidden linguistic treasure. This activity promotes playful learning and collaboration among students, creating a collective thrill of anticipation in the air.

However, Ailly has decided not to participate in this activity, given her current state. The soft lights in the courtyard cast dancing shadows, highlighting the hustle and bustle of the activity unfolding outside.

In conversation with Jennie, Ailly was surprised to learn that her best friend had signed up with Jun to participate in the treasure hunt. She finds it remarkable to see Jun getting involved in this type of activity since he started dating Jennie, but she supposes that people change, just like the nuances of shadow and light playing out in the outdoor courtyard.

Finally reaching the top of the endless staircase leading to the academy's rooftop, the place where Jun suggested she might find Matt, Ailly exhales softly in front of the iron door leading to the roof, while the lively sounds of the courtyard echo in the background. Mentally, she plans to return the remnants of the Ice Tea pack to him and reimburse the can she has already finished.

Upon opening the door, a cool breeze hits her face, creating a refreshing atmosphere. She looks around to spot Matt. He's there, a few meters away from her, back to Ailly, contemplating the magnificent view of Emerald Height's neighborhoods. The last rays of sunlight cast warm hues on the scene, and Matt's cigarette smoke mixes with the air.

The view is breathtaking, the details of the buildings and alleyways unfolding like a living painting. Ailly, momentarily captivated by this tableau, forgets the purpose of her visit. She silently admires, her mind momentarily escaping the troubles.

Matt turns towards her, surprising her. "Hey, still alive?" he says with a hint of humor. Ailly refocuses her attention on him, his tousled hair adding a casual touch to his appearance. Matt smiles, settling into a lounge chair facing the railing, cigarette in hand. Ailly, immersed in this environment, mentally prepares herself for this interaction with Matt. She approaches slowly, standing before him. Matt finishes his cigarette, looking her up and down with his piercing black eyes, creating a moment of awkwardness for Ailly.

Ailly clears her throat with a hint of embarrassment, trying to dispel the discomfort settling in, while carefully trying to string together the phrases she had mentally prepared. Her plan to quickly conclude this meeting with Matt, though necessary in a way, is already in motion.

"So, do you want something specific?" he asks, skillfully masking his surprise at seeing her here.

Ailly then takes the pack of Ice Tea cans from her backpack to hand it over to Matt, who simply furrows his brow upon discovering it.

"And?" he says mockingly, waiting for Ailly to speak up.

"You can take these cans back, thank you. I've already drunk one... I don't need the others," she states, looking at him. Matt observes the pack before shifting his focus back to Ailly.

"Seriously..." he simply says.

"Yes, seriously, here," she replies, handing the items directly back into his arms. "And... here's for the can I finished..." she adds, doing the same with the money as reimbursement. She was ready to leave, and for now, her plan seemed to be working perfectly.

"Hey!!" Matt exclaims suddenly, stopping her in her tracks. She hadn't even taken a step when Matt anticipated her move. Ailly turns to him, and Matt examines the pack and the money before smiling.