Language week, The drinks stand

"You guys want something in particular to drink?" Ailly asked, addressing some students who were looking at the list of beverages offered by the stand.

"For me, a Fiesta de Pina Colada, and what about you?" one of the girls asked, looking at the people accompanying her who hadn't decided yet. "I'll have the same," replied the other girl, followed by the last one who had chosen the refreshing mint Lemonade.

"Okay, I'll get that for you quickly," Ailly smiled, taking three glasses and lining them up, then taking the ingredients for the Pina Coladas: pineapple juice, coconut cream, lime juice. She placed them in the blender with skilled movements, demonstrating her expertise. Pouring the liquids into the two glasses, she added crushed ice last. After that, she quickly prepared the refreshing mint Lemonade, a fairly easy drink to make with lemonade, mint leaves, and lemon slices. The three "student customers" looked at her in awe of Ailly's speed and skill in preparing their mocktails.

"And two Pina Coladas and one refreshing mint lemonade for you... You pay right over there," Ailly smiled, handing the drinks to the three students after adding straws, while indicating the small cash register where Karine, the stand's manager, awaited the students for payment. The three students warmly thanked Ailly before heading towards Karine to settle their bill.

"You're really good, Ailly. At this rate, I think we should stock up more for our mocktails, since you easily attract customers," Karine remarked while taking the students' money, giving Ailly a brief glance before turning to the register. Ailly simply smiled while cleaning the table where she had prepared the mocktails.

The beverage stand was quite large, perhaps larger than the tea stand and even the other stands of the language week. Moreover, it was set up to resemble a small bar, with high stools behind a long counter where Ailly was with two other students in addition to Karine, who managed the cash register, in a bar-like manner. The only difference was that they didn't offer alcoholic beverages, which was entirely normal since they were in a school, and introducing alcoholic beverages would be subject to sanctions. Nevertheless, students came to the stand hoping to find alcohol, and each time, they had to explain that the stand only offered non-alcoholic beverages.

"It's like you've been doing this forever..." Maria, one of the girls who worked at the beverage stand with her, also commented. Maria was referring to the fact that Ailly excelled in preparing cocktails and serving in this small stand. Ailly didn't respond but simply arranged the glasses.

"I'd like a Caipirinha," a voice behind the counter spoke up. Ailly looked up at the sky upon hearing a student who thought he was clever for asking for an alcoholic beverage. She turned slowly, eyes closed, while responding.

"We don't serve alcoholic beverages, you choose from the list and then you..." she said before interrupting herself upon seeing the person in front of her. He was sitting on one of the high stools, looking at the list under his eyes, then lifted his head and smirked at Ailly who stared at him.

"Wow, I have to admit you fit the role of waitress pretty well, Thai girl," the person remarked, who was none other than Matt, with a smirk and a pronounced hint of irony in his voice.

Ailly didn't respond. What to say, especially after deciding this morning to give up, to stop fighting against him. She already knew the outcome if she insisted on standing up to him, and she knew what she was capable of.

"Anyway, in that case, I'd like a Saké Martini," Matt proposed, knowing he wouldn't get that drink either for the sole reason that it was alcoholic. But he knew it very well, and Ailly did too, but she knew he was doing it to provoke her.

Ailly blew out a soft breath, closing her eyes before reopening them and answering him, trying to be as polite as possible, she simply repeated the sentence she'd just told him.