That black...was it him?

Jacques pulls the car up in front of the grand gate of the academy, glancing in the rearview mirror where Jennie and Ailly sit. Jennie, absorbed in her phone, occupies the entire width of her seat, her eyes glued to the bright screen. Beside her, Ailly oscillates between sleep and attempting to close her eyes, evidently uncomfortable since their departure from Unity House. A persistent fatigue and headache clearly indicate a hangover she acknowledges deserving. An insidious nausea worsens the situation, and Ailly indignantly notes that Jennie, unlike her, is in the peak of her form.

"Ladies, we've arrived," Jacques announces, addressing Jennie and Ailly. Jennie turns to her best friend to wake her up.

"Hey, Sleeping Beauty, we've arrived," she says, gently shaking Ailly, who emerges from her short nap throughout the journey from Melrose to Emerald Height, lasting only 45 minutes by car.

"Hmm..." It's the only sound that emanates from Ailly's mouth at this moment. She looks around and realizes, of course, they've arrived at the academy.

"Feeling better?" Jennie asks, addressing her best friend who seems a bit pale, eyes unfocused. The morning mist enhances the tranquil atmosphere.

"Hmm... yeah, I'm... fine... don't worry..." She replies, grabbing her bag, ready to get out, trying to contain her headache for a moment. She squints as she realizes she forgot her medication on her bedside table.

"Damn it..." She mutters softly.

"Hmm, you should still go to the infirmary, even if it's just for some medication," Jennie advises, grabbing her bag as well, ready to exit the car. Ailly says nothing.

Both of them step out of the car after thanking Jacques. The fresh morning air welcomes the young women. Ailly tightens the sleeves of her sweatshirt, shivering slightly. They walk through the hallways of the academy where the buzz of Language Week for this Wednesday is beginning to emerge early in the morning. Student whispers, the rustling of paper, and the clicking of locker locks add a lively texture to the environment.

"Is it normal that I feel cold?" Ailly says, pulling the sleeves of her sweatshirt. She seems sensitive to the slightest change in temperature. The atmosphere in the hallways livens up with students heading towards their booths and also into the classrooms or workshops that will probably start.

"Ailly, seriously, go to the infirmary," her best friend advises, looking at her, eyes filled with concern.

"Maybe later... I still have things to do..." she simply says. Jennie rolls her eyes skyward, expressing slight frustration at her best friend's response.

After rereading the message on her phone this morning, Ailly started devising a plan for the day. First, she needs to see and talk to Noah about what happened yesterday, her behavior towards him, and maybe even ask him what really happened because she should have gone home with him normally, having arrived at the party in his company. Secondly, talk to Matt, the kind of interaction she has carefully avoided for some time. Now, she wants to talk to him. It may seem contradictory, but the purpose of this conversation is the same as with Noah. She wants to understand what really happened between them at the party to anticipate any future use of his actions against her. All of this is a matter of conscience for her.

She roamed alone through the hallways of the academy where the excitement was at its peak. The walls echoed with student murmurs, bursts of laughter. It was only the third day of Language Week, and she didn't know if her condition was due to a hangover or something else, but she wasn't in a festive mood today. The colorful posters announcing the different workshops contrasted with the focused looks of students discussing their projects.

Seeing all these people coming and going, talking loudly to each other, made her feel nauseous and dizzy, completely unpredictable. The glaring light from the neon lights seemed heightened, and every step echoed in her skull. Thankfully, she hadn't signed up for any workshops for today, limiting herself to her post at the beverage stands. Her gloomy state contrasted with the excitement in the hallway.