Chapter - 10 : A Suggestion (Part - A)

Start from the beginning

Abhimanyu reached for Abhir's plate and offered him a morsel and Abhir wordlessly ate. He didn't like the feeling. So, he got up and left for his room ignoring everybody. Abhir went and laid on his bed flat on his face. He got up, pulled out the book which had all the notes his father left for him and caressed them. 

Just then he saw his plate in front of him and he immediately hid the diary. He knew who that was, but he looked away. Abhimanyu made place for himself on the bed and sat beside Abhir. He made Abhir turn back and fed him the food despite his struggle. 

Abhir gave him an accusatory look and Abhimanyu royally ignored it. Abhir snatched the plate from his father's hand, placed it on the bed table and snuggled to him. Abhimanyu caressed his hair and rubbed soothing circles on his back. Abhir pulled back and confronted Abhimanyu,

"Maine aapko daantne se mana kiya toh aap mujhse baat karna hi band kyun kar rahe hain? This is unfair aur aap bahut zyada mean ho" Abhir whined. 

Abhimanyu squinted his eyes and gave Abhir a pointed look. Abhir sighed and gave in, 

"Aap daantlo mujhe jitna chahe. Aise chup mat raho. Please. Mujhe acha nahi lag raha hain" Abhir said.

Abhimanyu gently whacked him, and Abhir winced on principle. When Abhimanyu was taking too long to speak according to Abhir, he tried to persuade him more. 

"Papa! Baat karo na....Aap aisa .." He was cut off by Abhimanyu,

"Deal is a deal and I didn't back down. You are asking me to." He stated and Abhir paled.

"This is so unfair. Aap jaante ho ki main handle nahi karpata aapki silence zyada der. Isliye aapne yeh kiya to make me go back on the deal. This is blackmail" Abhir complained and Abhimanyu smiled. 

"Toh jo aap kar rahe the woh kya tha? Wasn't that blackmail? Was that fair? Aap jaante the ki aap ko treat karne keliye main kuch bhi karunga. Aur aap yeh bhi jaante the ki jo aapne kiya woh galat tha aur uskeliye aapko daant padengi. 

You wanted me to choose from two things that were equally important to me. I was forced to choose, and I did. Agar aap sahi the toh main kahan se unfair aur mean hua?" Abhimanyu counter argued. 

Abhir looked down. Abhimanyu gently held his chin and made him look up,

"Aapko kya lagta hain Bacha...aapko daantne mein mazaa aata hain mujhe? Aapka utara hua chehra dekhna mereliye kitna tough hain woh aap soch bhi nahi sakte.

Main aapko isliye daant ta hoon kyunki main nahi chahta aap woh harqat wapis repeat karo.......... Jo aapne kiya neeche, woh sahi tha?

Abhimanyu questioned and Abhir shook his head. 

"Agar galat kiya hain, bhale hi emotions mein behke kiya hain...maan lete na apni galti. Bol dete mujhe ki wapis aisa nahi hoga ya apni reason explain karne ka try karte.