Chapter - 10 : A Suggestion (Part - A)

Start from the beginning

"Aap pakka nahi daantoge na? Bilkul bhi nahi daantna hain. Deal?" Abhir asked to reconfirm.

"Nahi dantunga. Ab chup chap baitho yahan. Nakhre kiya toh deal cancel." Abhimanyu declared. 

Even though Abhir had his own doubts, the deal looked too tempting to ignore. He approached his father and circles his arms around his midriff. Abhimanyu meticulously removed the piece and dressed the area. 

Abhir yelled out so loud that Neil and Roohi came down sprinting. Before Roohi actually ran down the stairs, Neil pulled her back. Roohi mouthed a thank you and they proceeded to see what made Abhir cry out loud. 

"Kya hua Champ. Tu kyun chilla raha tha?" Neil asked and Abhir started his rant. 

"Dekho Chachu! Papa ne phir se glass piece nikala aur itna dard hua mujhe. Cheekhun nahi toh kya karoon? Inhe kabhi mujhpe taras nahi aata." 

Abhir complained like a kid much to Neil and Roohi's surprise. They couldn't believe that this was the same Abhir they left behind, but they were glad for the shift. 

All the three turned towards Abhimanyu for his reaction but he looked too nonchalant. Neil immediately glared at Abhir and asked, "Did you cut a deal with Bhai to get treated?" 

Abhir just shrugged sheepishly. Neil palmed his face and observed his Bhaiyya's body language. Abhir would be a gone case very, very soon and he was speaking out of experience. Abhir was getting worked up.

"Chachu! Aise kya react kar rahe ho? Mujhe dara rahe ho aap." Abhir whined. 

"Darna toh tujhe chahiye hi Beta. Pehle kya kam karnama kiya ki ab baithke deals crack kar raha hain. Tu hoga bahut sharp business skills mein but tere Baap hain yahan. Thoda toh dimag laga leta."

Neil was chastising Abhir while Abhir looked clueless. But Neil's words were doing a number on him and that's why he went to his father and said, 

"Papa! Chachu kyun dara rahe hain mujhe? Aap hi ne toh kaha na aap nahi daantoge mujhe agar maine cooperate kiya toh. You won't back off from your word. Will you?" Abhir asked innocently. 

Abhimanyu smiled and shook his head. Neil understood the ploy and felt bad for the kid and his naivety. But he let it be because Abhir has to learn their father's ways on his own just like he did. Neil was happy to not be on the receiving end. He would just sit back and enjoy the show.

Abhimanyu's response calmed Abhir and he was just happy to get away so easily after the ruckus he caused. Only during the lunch did he realize his father wasn't really talking to him. The realization hit him hard, and he looked at Neil. 

Neil understood from the look that he realized and eyed him to apologize Abhimanyu. Abhir nodded but didn't know what to apologize for and found it really hard to have his food with that on his mind. Neil nudged Abhimanyu and tried to present Abhir's case but one glare from him, Neil backed off.