VIII

As the weeks go by, and October welcomes us, so does the rivalry between quidditch teams.

To be honest, I have no idea what the hell we're studying in class. You see, I'm not failing. Simply put, I'm not necessarily trying my hardest. I just have other priorities, that's all.

It's Sunday, October 8. The game is today.

Slytherin against Hufflepuff.

I retrieve my broom from my shared closet with Drew, glancing at my completely uniformed reflection in the mirror across from me as I brush down my pants. To be honest, the quidditch outfits look quite ridiculous, but at least we get green rather than yellow.

My obnoxious thoughts are cut short by my dorm door swinging open.

"Yes Adonis?" I roll my eyes.

"Damn. Hello to you too." Adonis greets, leaning himself against my dorm frame, broom in hand, he continues, "We kinda need to get to the field. It's gonna be a big game. Drew says that everyone and their mothers are out waiting for this shit." He clears his throat.

"Well then let's not lose, yeah?" I say, walking past Adonis, and out to the common room.

"You ready Vangie?" Theodore asks, appearing on my left side - Adonis on the other.

"Yeah. We're gonna fucking demolish those puffs." I say, leading the entirety of the Slytherin quidditch team out the common room.

"Ai ai, captain." Adonis smugly smiles.

We pass through the halls, and out to the field. Students on their own path to the game cheering us on, and others not so much. I could barely hear my own thoughts the crowd was so loud. All seats filled with students of all years and houses — professors included.

We stand behind the tall wooden doors, getting ready for our enternece.

"ALRIGHT GIRLS, BOYS, OTHERS, AND PROFESSORS. TONIGHT WE HAVE SLYTHERIN AGAINST HUFFLEPUFF!"

I hear Lee Jordan's voice run loud through the speakers. I believe him to be two or so years younger than me. Yet, he's been the quidditch commentary since his first year.

"WITHOUT FURTHER ADUE....LETS HEAR IT FOR THE SLYTHERINS!"

The doors open, and I lose myself in the volume of the crowd. Me, amongst the rest of my team, fly out and around the stands, waving, cheering, and ultimately trying to take up as much space, and draw as much attention to us as humanly possible.

Slytherins tend to do that.

"WE HAVE OUR TEAM CAPTAIN, EVANGELIA BENNETT HERE FOLKS! THIS IS HER LAST YEAR AS CAPTAIN, AND WE'RE ABOUT TO FIND OUT IF SHE'S MAKING IT WORTH HER WHILE!" Lee shouts through the speakers.

Adonis laughs, flying by me. "This is so fucking dramatic. I'm gonna piss myself." He shouts to me, over the volume of the crowd and I laugh.

"ALRIGHT! NOW LET ME DRAW YOUR BELOVED ATTENTION TO OUR HUFFLEPUFF!" Lee shouts, as the crowd erupts.

The doors open, revealing the one and only Cedric Diggory, followed by the rest of his team.

"LADIES! I THINK YOU KNOW WHO THAT IS! YUP! THATS CEDRIC DIGGORY, OUR HUFFLEPUFF TEAM CAPTAIN!"

I cackle over Lee's choice of words.

"What a hunk," Lee starts, "It's too bad it happens to be his last year as captain too. This really will be a fight to the death folks!"