ℭ𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 1:

Parineeti POV:

Parineeti POV:

"But maa baba I don't want to marry now"

I complained with utter frustration and annoyance towards the decision of my parents.

"Pari this is the last time I am telling you. You will get married to Dhruv Chowdhury and this is final. Enough of your tantrums and your unwillingness of not getting married, I don't want to hear any word about this." My mother yelled at me and left my room while my anger reached its peak. Meanwhile my father just stood there; his eyes directing me to listen my mother.

Soon I was left alone in my room and silence encroached upon the surroundings, creeping in with an eerie presence. The echoing tick-tock of the clock and the gentle patter of rain outside enveloped me all around. The sky mirrored the gloom of my emotionless, hopeless countenance.

My parents were desperate to get me married and I got 5 proposals in this year. Yet I managed to reject all those knowing that I was not ready at all for any kinds of commitments and responsibilities in relationship. But this time I felt defeated. My parents had set up my marriage with a businessman without taking my consult.

He was Dhruv Hemant Chowdhury, the chairman of Akon enterprise and also one of the youngest billionaires in our country. Even though I barely know him, his whole family is said to be prosperous in every fields which make them special.
The family comprises his twin brothers, one pursuing law while the other delves into acting. He also has a younger sister who maybe is a high schooler. Not to mention his mother being the district court judge and his father a retired businessman.

Despite their family sounding less conventional and more aligned with modern attitudes, I was still tensed about the fact I will have to go to someone else's house and that would become my new family. Whether they would accept me and support my dreams, will I be able to settle myself in a new environment, will I even fall in lov- Love? Nevermind. All my fantasies of love and whatever died as I see my parents either arguing or talking about business and stuffs. Neither would they talk to each other than work nor they would show affection to me when I needed it. All they could do is to order me and expected me to obey each and every instructions they throw upon me. Atleast they agreed with me in pursuing my career.

Do rich people ever fall in love?? Or are they just primarily drawn to power and possessions?

I snapped out of my thoughts and grabbed my sketch book to draw few designs for my next work. I could draw only two designs which came into my mind and suddenly I heard a knock on the door.

It was the housemaid standing outside and she stated

"Ma'am the dinner is ready everyone is waiting for you in the dining hall"

"Wait what dinner?!" I furrowed looking at my clock that showed it was 10:00 pm. I was so much engrossed with my sketches that i did not even realised it was nighttime.

"Tell them I'm coming in few minutes." She obeyed and left the area heading towards our dining hall. I quickly wrapped up everything cleaned my bedroom and headed towards the dinning hall.

"Di where's my gift?" Priyansh, my younger brother jumped to hug me giving a biggest grin when I slapped his head lightly.

My brother is 16 years old who just finished his final exam today. He is my only companion at home with whom I could talk all kinds of rubbish and share secrets with each other. My parents decided to make my brother the heir of our family business of running a huge cafe (Sinhas Cafe) when he grows up.

"Pehle bata exam kaesa gya?"
"First tell how was your exam?" I asked him and he gave me a 'again that shit' look moving away from me and finally spoke.

"Well it was good not gonna lie but I'm happy its finally over. This board exams were giving me severe headache. I can finally relax now. Di, what about we go out tomorrow?"

"Ok sure lets go for shopping tomorrow then." Priyansh gave me an irritated look sighing at my comment.

"Di , whenever we go out you always drag me for shopping. This time we will go anywhere but shopping please." He gave me a annoyed look nd I chuckled looking at his face.

"Ok ok we will go anywhere but shopping, alright?"

"Alright!" He said while smiling at me.

We both moved towards the dining area where our parents were already seated discussing about something. Both of us sat in our individual seats while the maids served our dinner. We were about to start having our food when my mother finally spoke breaking the silence.

"Listen up, we have some news to share. Parineeti's marriage to Mr. Dhruv Chowdhury will be arranged in two weeks, as advised by the priest, who deems it an auspicious time for their union."

She concluded her speech, leaving both my brother and me utterly dumbstrucked.