International Arc : Chapter 104 - Phantom's Legacy

"Does the name Bryan Williams ring a bell?"

(Upon hearing that name, Gero froze and remembered all the memories connected to Bryan Williams also known as Phantom. He remembered his foster father's death and their fight to the death two years ago in Korea. Gero was stunned for a second and tried his best to calm down)

"Hmm, sorry but that's the first time I've heard that name.."

"Is that so? I thought for sure you'd be familiar with it."

"Why would you think that?"

"Well I mean, it's the name of the man that you killed two years ago in Korea, am I right?"

(Gero abruptly stood up from the bar and stepped back a few steps. His breathing got heavier and his heart started beating faster. Gero grabbed his katana and was ready to draw it. Charlotte just remained seated and looked at Gero with a serious expression)

"H-How did you know about that?! Who are you?!"

"I believe I had already told you my full name last time? I guess I'll introduce myself properly now, my name is Charlotte Artura Georgina, the disciple of Bryan Williams, the man you killed!"

(Once more Gero was shocked upon hearing she was Phantom's disciple. He remembered the last words of Phantom on that bridge the night he killed him. With his dying breath, Phantom asked Gero to not kill his disciple)

"Y-You are, his disciple? H-How could the princess of Britain be that man's disciple?!"

"Is that so hard to believe?"

(Gero then drew his katana from its scabbard and readied himself. But after a few seconds his vision got all blurry and his head started to spin. His body got all wobbly and slowly lost his balance)

"W-What is happening? What d-did you do to m-me?!"

"I was really surprised it took so long for the drug to work."

"Y-You spiked my drink? Shit, it was a good drink too."

"Oh I didn't, he did."

(Charlotte pointed at the bartender and it was actually Agent Joules from MI6. The other people at the bar that was left in the bar were actually members of MI6 as well and started to stand up and point their weapons at Gero as he fell down on his knees. The drug that he ingested also had a paralyzing effect which made him unable to lift his arm. Charlotte stood up from her chair and walked up towards Gero. It was only for a moment but when Gero looked at Charlotte he saw an image of Phantom smiling down on him while standing right next to the princess. Gero was done smacked on the back of his head by one of the agents and knocked him out cold)

"Put him in the truck and let's move." Charlotte ordered

"Yes, your majesty!"

"Grab his phone and call a taxi. Pay the taxi driver to bring the phone to the opposite direction we're going. If his people find out he's missing then that should be enough to put some distance between us in case they decide to track his location via his phone." Agent Joules ordered

"What about his weapon?"

"Bring it along, I still need it for something I have planned later." Charlotte said

(They then carried the unconscious body of Gero into the truck and drove off out of the Semisphere. Back at the JNST war room, the team was having a meeting about their recent practice match with Germany and didn't know what had happened to Gero until Erika received a call from Nana)