Chapter 10 : Caroline

"YOU could've done better Caroline." Mrs. Melisaa sighed. "You almost tripped during en pointe. You could do better, I know you could do better. More elegance to your piroutte. Most important, nail your fouetté!" She scolded me which I flinched at.

"And now, I know I know, I shouldn't pressure you this much, but I'm sorry Caroline, you know it pains me when I saw the way your mom embarassed you like that time." She closed her eyes in guilt before embracing me in a hug.

"Do better next time alright?" She wiped the tear off my cheeks before giving me my favourite carton of chocolate milk.

I sat down on the bench, daydreaming, wondering if I could do better later on during the competition. I poked the foil with the straw before sipping my chocolate milk.

What if I sprained my ankle during my en pointe? All of the possibilities and I was only imagining the failed ones. For fuck's sake, I'm Caroline Veronica. I wasn't going to let my mom and ballet get the best of me.

I finished my chocolate milk and threw it to the trash bin before going to the changing room. But good for me, it's shopping time! Honestly, I was using my old pointe shoes as a reason to spend my money but nonetheless I got to go shopping!

Of course, shopping wasn't fun without any friends.

FOOD

ME :
Shopping?

BAE :
Heck yeah.

BOO :
Let's go. I'm driving this time.

I grinned at my phone before rushing to my dorm. Shopping is expensive therapy as one would say. I took off everything and threw my pointe shoes away. If I was going to nail a competition, I was going to nail my outfit as well. New tutu, new pointe shoes, I'm going to go out with a bang.

I picked out a cut out black crop top and a short white denim skirt. I left my hair as is and wore a "C" necklace. As usual, I threw my dirty clothes in my laundry bin before putting on my white heels.

I was about to text Yvette that I was ready but my mom suddenly called me. Please don't scold me, please don't. But what other reason did she have other than complaining?

"Yes mom?" I asked.

"Mrs. Melissa told me everything! Are you serious? Failing when you had less than two weeks until your competition? You really wanna embarass me in front of all your aunts and uncles? You disappoint me Caroline. You had better do well on the competition. I expect nothing but the 1st from you. You won't like what I'll do-"

"Calm down mom!" I cut her off roughly. "Seriously? Do you really have to act that dramatic?! You're not even the one competing! Instead of supporting me and encouraging me, you're here being a pain in my ass." That was the first time ever I talked back to my mom. First and last.

"Did you just-"

"Bye mom." I hung up on the phone. Love me my ass. What a way to ruin my mood. What kind of parent would prioritize their reputation more than their own kid? Mine.

What would really cheer up my mood is a really tall and handsome guy, with good hands, good mouth, hot body and large cock. Should I really call Nathan after this?

Yvette texted me saying that she already arrived so I quickly stormed out.

"Holaa! Okay you look angry. Spill." Yvette greeted me. "Gossip already?" Richelle yawned and leaned against my shoulder. "Usual mom shit." I said.