Chapter 13

Rumi's POV

After all these years, I never imagined to him again, especially like this. I was still in terrible pain, but the adrenaline kept me talking.

"So, are these your lame friends? Damn, you went low." I explained, sarcastically.

"Says the one who can barely move. Admit it, Rumi, I've outsmarted you." He responded, crossing his arms.

My smile disappeared and I asked, "Why, Akihito? What's the point of doing this?"

"Well, I mean this is fun. Aren't you having fun, Rumi?!" He asked, moving his arms around.

"So what are you gonna do to me now? Kill me?" I questioned, looking him up and down.

"That's exactly what I'm gonna do!" He exclaimed as I sighed.

"Why are you doing this?!" Keigo questioned, "Why go through all this trouble just to kill her?!"

"Because I despise her, that's why." He responded, turning around to Keigo.

"Despise me?" I asked.

"Heroes, heroes, heroes. All everyone talks about are heroes. What do kids want to be when they grow up? Heroes. Who do people look up to in the world? HEROES!" He exclaimed, his voice getting louder.

He turned to me and continued, "Listening to you yap about heroes was like eating vomit! You were so inconsiderate! Everything was about you! Everything was about how you wanted to be a good hero! Everyone in this society are fools for putting their lives in your hands!"

"Do you ever stop talking? You just keep going on and on." Keigo commented, having enough of this explanation.

I was quiet because Akihito was right. But I was a stupid teenager. Why is he bringing this up now?

"Uhm, boss, you never told us this," Izanagi mentioned, confused.

"Quiet!" Akihito shouted, clenching his fists, "Now, where was I?"

"If you're gonna kill me, do it now," I whispered, turning my head.

Gosh, this was so embarrassing letting them see me like this.

"Hmm," Akihito mumbled, "fine!"

"NO DON'T!" Keigo shouted as I felt something bite my hip.

"I'm gonna take my time in killing you, making sure you feel everything." He commented, moving his head closer to mine.

In the corner of my eye, I saw Keigo break free from the man's grasp.

"That's... what you used on me that time. Your quirk has something to do with poison, right?" I asked, gritting my teeth.

"So what if it is? You're going to be dead anyways, so it doesn't matter." He responded, backing away from me.

"Huh? Where the hell did they go?" Akihito questioned, putting his guard up.

Confusion washed over him as he scanned the empty room, wondering where they could have disappeared so quickly. 

Keigo flew back inside and said, "I had to take them outside and deal with them."

I smiled and tried to break free from this rope. Maybe we wouldn't die here after all.