Chapter 11

Rumi's POV

"Come on Rumi! We're gonna be late for lunch!" Asuka shouted as the bell rang.

I rolled my eyes and followed her. How did she have so much energy? It's too early for this. We made our way to the cafeteria. Honestly, I couldn't wait until I got out of this school. I'm so ready to become a hero, maybe even a bigshot one. 

"So, Rumi, how are things going with Akihito?" Tsumugi asked, smirking.

"I haven't seen him since last week," I responded.

"What?! He's your boyfriend!" Asuka shouted, "You have to know where he is!"

I sighed and nodded my head. It wasn't that I didn't care about him, he was just... always busy. Either he was doing school work, with his parents, or preparing to be a hero. I admired his hard work and determination, and that's why I started dating him. 

"I'll call him after school," I suggested. "Now, can we shut up about him?"

"You better call him! I'm watching you!" Asuka shouted, hitting my head.

Later that day, Akihito and I decided to meet at a cafe near our school. Things were quiet at the start. He was a quiet guy, and I was loud and energetic. I didn't want to do or say the wrong thing to embarrass him, so I stayed quiet. 

"Rumi, I've missed you." He said as we walked out of the cafe.

"I've missed you too. Why haven't you been coming to school?" I questioned.

"Just the usual." He replied, shrugging.

"Rumi?" He asked, "How have you been?"

"I've been better," I answered, awkwardly. 

"Rumi, I have something to show you." He said, "Follow me!" 

Then, he started running towards a building. I was so confused, but I stupidly decided to follow him. 

"You better not waste my time," I announced, as we eventually got there. 

"Rumi, you know how we're dating, right?" He asked, gathering some things.

"No sh- I mean, of course." I stammered.

"And you know how we want to become heroes, and possibly work together?" He rambled.

I nodded, confused at what he was getting at. What was going on? He was making no sense.

"Listen, I've formed a group with these other two guys. We could use a strong person like you on our team. Instead of being heroes, we can be villains." He explained, smiling.

"What?" I asked, getting angry, "You want me to become a villain?"

"Yeah! Isn't it great? We can work together!" He exclaimed.

All of a sudden, I punched him. I let my rage consume me. 

"You brought me here... to ask me to become a villain!?" I shouted, "Why would I ever do that?!" 

"I thought you'd be happy about this."  He whispered.

"You're not making any sense! Villian? Team up? This is all so random!" I yelled, crossing my arms.

"Shut the hell up!" He exclaimed, throwing something at me.

Suddenly, I felt a sting on my leg. I confusedly looked down at my leg, and my eyes widened when I saw a strange thing sticking out. 

He gasped and rushed over to me.

"I'm so sorry, Rumi. I'm sorry." He cried as the blood gushed out my leg. 

He pulled whatever the hell was in my leg out, and it didn't hurt that much anymore.

"Akihito, you can do whatever you want. I don't want to be a part of this." I mumbled, backing away from him.

Akihito stopped showing up at school, and even his parents didn't know where he went. I always wondered what made him want to turn evil. It sounded childish and unreasonable to me. Was it just for the fun of it? Or was it my fault? It doesn't even matter. After that day, I swore to myself I would never fall in love again. 

I thought I would never see him again, but for some damn reason, I'm seeing a guy that looks just like him in front of me.

Author's Note and Summary

Hi everyone! Thanks for being patient as I try to wrap this story up. Anyway, I feel like this chapter was a bit confusing, so I'm going to break it down. 

Akihito was Rumi's high school boyfriend. Akihito's parents were heroes, so he grew up pressured to be a hero and follow in their footsteps. That pressure led him down the path to becoming a villain. He asked Rumi to join him, but of course, Rumi refused because she wanted to follow her dreams. Rumi blamed herself a bit for that, but she put it in the past and just promised herself to never fall in love with anyone again. After that, they never saw each other again... until now :)

Also, Akihito's quirk is called venomous bite which allows him to deliver toxic bites or stings with venomous effects, so that explains what he threw at Rumi. 

Stay tuned for Chapter 12!!