Chapter 12

Ryuko's POV

"You know, I haven't seen Rumi in a while." Yu (Mt. Lady) mentioned, putting her lollipop back in her mouth

"She's on a mission," I added, crossing my arms.

Although, Yu was right. What kind of mission lasts this long? It's been a few days. And it doesn't help that she didn't give me any details about the mission.

"I hope she's alright." Yu said, looking out the window, "I wonder what type of villain she's facing."

"Well, I know one thing's for sure. She'll win." commented, putting my hand on her shoulder.

Keigo's POV

Shit, they got me. I yanked the rope off Rumi's hands, but just when I finished, I felt a bullet grade my shoulder. I looked up and realized Izanagi had shot me. But why was there another guy here? Their leader maybe? He wasn't in the slideshow, and he's not even a suspect. I sent a few of my feathers to retrieve the gun from him, but he jumped into action and used his claws to stop them. I grit my teeth as I feel a sharp sting on my arm. What the hell was that? The other guy rushed up to me and punched me into the wall. Rumi saw this and quickly stood up and charged towards the man who punched me.

With the remaining strength she had, she used her leg to hit his neck. I used to punch his stomach, but we were outnumbered. 

"Enough with all this damn noise!" Izanagi yelled, pinning Rumi to the ground.

"Rumi!" I shouted, getting pinned down by the other guy.

Izanagi pushed Rumi back into the chair, tying her again.

I don't get it. Why is she being tied instead of me? I'm the bigger threat here, but they seem to only be focused on her. Also, whatever hit my arm was slowly starting to hit me now. Was it poison or something?

"Rumi, you never fail to amaze me." The new guy mentioned.

I watched as he walked over to her, and looked her in the eyes.

"It's...been a while, Akihito." Rumi commented, her usual grin appearing, "This just got interesting."