Chapter 1

Rumi's POV

It was a quiet night, and I was tired. It was 11 PM. I took down seven villains today. Not enough... I didn't have time for lunch or dinner, so my stomach kept rumbling while taking down villains. My apartment was a few blocks away. My legs dragged as I tiredly made my way down the street, up the stairs, and into the apartment lobby. Before I could get into the elevator, I got an alert on my phone. Another villain had struck again. Looking at the address, I noticed the villain was pretty close to my apartment. I sighed and decided to do the job. Jeez, these villains never learn, do they? I didn't have enough strength and I was exhausted, but it's all apart of being a hero. At least, that's what I think. I hopped down the stairs and ran towards the address. My legs stung with pain, but I kept sprinting. When I got there, people were screaming and running. I looked around and tried to listen to the sounds of the villain. Before I had time to react, I felt a crushing weight on my shoulder. I fell to the ground and swiftly turned around. I was met with a man, who had black hair, yellow eyes, and a bloody costume. He has lightning flowing around him, so I assumed his quirk had something to do with electricity.

"This'll be fun." I shouted, forcing myself to stand up.

I was in a lot of pain, but I didn't want people to see me like this. What would they think of heroes?

Anyway, I started fighting the villain, but it was hard. My moves were sloppy, and I could barely land a kick on him. I thought it was all over when he threw me into a wall. I winced at the pain and tried to ignore the blood gushing out of me. I couldn't believe I was beaten by a villain and a minor one in fact. How could I ever stop the League of Villains if I couldn't take down this one? I closed my eyes, and when I opened them, a few seconds later, the villain was on the ground. He started to shout in confusion and was swarmed by red feathers. At this point, my vision was blurry, and I felt myself starting to lose consciousness.

I woke up with a bad headache. I looked around and noticed I was in the hospital. I looked down at my arms, and I was hooked to a bunch of wires. What happened?

"You're finally awake!"

The door opened slowly, and my eyes widened when I saw who it was.

"Hey, I know you. You're the hero with the red wings." I spoke, my voice cracking a bit.

I realize now that what I said was stupid. I mean, obviously, he's the hero with the red wings.

"Just call me Hawks. So, how ya feeling?"

"What are you, a doctor? Aren't you the number 2 hero? Why are you here?"

"Well, I'm here because I just saved your life. Getting thanked would be nice."

"You...saved my life?"

I tried to recall the moments before I passed out. It's all coming back to me! I failed to take down a minor villain.

I put my head down in distress. This was the first time that had ever happened to me. But I blame only myself because I was stupid for thinking I could take out a villain in that state.

What would Hawks think of me now? Would he tell someone?

Calm down, Rumi. You're overthinking this.

"Don't beat yourself up. Anyway, I gotta go."

He started towards the door.

"Wait!" I hopped out of the bed. "I can't believe I'm saying this but... thank you, Hawks."

"Don't mention it. See ya." He walked out the door.

I noticed one of his feathers dropped when he left. I rushed to pick it up, but when I opened the door and looked down the hallway, he was gone. I decided to keep it and give it back to him the next time I saw him. Probably a stupid idea, knowing the fact that he had a lot of feathers, and probably wouldn't care, but I wanted to be nice. After all, he did save me from a villain. But, if it was a normal day, I would have taken that villain down with no problems!

Author's Note:

I know it was short, but I hoped you liked it! I'll try to make more chapters weekly!