Chapter 10

Keigo's POV

Taking down the other villain was an easy job. Well, it was only easy because I was in the sky. Anyway, I managed to find a rope inside the house and tie him in the basement. He was knocked out, so he wouldn't be waking up anytime soon. After, I quickly rushed outside to check on Mirko. I frowned, confused when I noticed she was gone. I looked around, but she was nowhere to be seen. I started walking around the front yard to see if there were any signs of where they could have gone. I groaned when I didn't see anything. I clenched my fists and kicked down the mailbox in anger. How could this happen? I thought he was a pro-hero! Nothing is making sense. 

I calmed myself down and started flying. They couldn't have gone that far. If I could just spot them. I spread my feathers out to try and get some hints. My eyes widened as I spotted Izanagi's truck. I flew down and tried to get closer. I kept my distance, so it wasn't obvious. They kept driving for a few more minutes until they parked at an abandoned building. What were they planning on doing with Rumi? Damn! I have to stop calling her that. Wait... am I catching feelings for her? No, no, no, no, no Keigo! Pull yourself together! You don't do relationships. 

Anyway, I carefully flew over to a window to see what they were doing. I watched them drag Mirko's unconscious body to a room, with a chair and rope. Maybe they were planning on holding her for ransom? No worries, I'll deal with these guys and get her back. 

"Let's get the boss. I don't think Hawks is coming anytime soon." Izanagi commented as the three of the men went up the stairs.

Damn, I can't believe we trusted him.

I used this opportunity to fly inside. 

"Rumi," I whispered, untying her as fast as possible.

"Keigo..." She muttered, her eyes still shut.

She looks badly injured. I could take her and get out of here, but I couldn't leave those dangerous villains to escape. We have to finish the mission. My eyes widened as I looked towards the stairs.

"Aha! I knew you would show up!"